How Much Poo?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock_hen

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It shocks me everytime, cleaned out the pigs cage yesterday and today I woke up to practically a sea of poo in their cage! I mean seriously how much poo can 2 baby guinea pigs produce! I have no idea how those with more than 2 cope lol

rock_hen

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Do you hand pick the poo up or sweep it up? Wondering if it's worth buying a pan and brush? It would take ages to pick up the poos there must be hundreds! They really are poo making machines!

gus+walter

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I use a dustbuster, it's my favourite purchase for poopy times! A dust pan and brush is great for hay and big clean out, I just pick up all the fleece and towels and shake them off in the cage and sweep the lot up....obviously not while the piggies are in there :)

piggywig

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I just can't believe how much poo from 2 either. They do spend a lot of time eating though - so what goes in must come out or they'd pop !They are little eating, pooing machines. Mine eat some of each others biggest fattest poos! Recycle too.

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I use both a dustpan and brush and a hand held hoover. They produce a lot the little monsters!

chelle83

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
a dog is definitely the best option although ours gets so excited by guinea poops he scraps at the side of the cage if there's a stray one near by so I have to be on constant poo watch as i'm sure they flick it to the side of the cage on purpose to get the dog in trouble :-)

Liane

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
One of my piggies, River was in the hospital cage overnight, and I had cleaned all the poop out before bed (twice!) but there was LOADS when I looked this morning! It amazes me how much poop something so small can produce!

Status
Not open for further replies.