• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How Much Poo?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock_hen

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It shocks me everytime, cleaned out the pigs cage yesterday and today I woke up to practically a sea of poo in their cage! I mean seriously how much poo can 2 baby guinea pigs produce! I have no idea how those with more than 2 cope lol

Do you hand pick the poo up or sweep it up? Wondering if it's worth buying a pan and brush? It would take ages to pick up the poos there must be hundreds! They really are poo making machines!

I use a dustbuster, it's my favourite purchase for poopy times! A dust pan and brush is great for hay and big clean out, I just pick up all the fleece and towels and shake them off in the cage and sweep the lot up....obviously not while the piggies are in there :)

I just can't believe how much poo from 2 either. They do spend a lot of time eating though - so what goes in must come out or they'd pop !They are little eating, pooing machines. Mine eat some of each others biggest fattest poos! Recycle too.

I use both a dustpan and brush and a hand held hoover. They produce a lot the little monsters!

a dog is definitely the best option although ours gets so excited by guinea poops he scraps at the side of the cage if there's a stray one near by so I have to be on constant poo watch as i'm sure they flick it to the side of the cage on purpose to get the dog in trouble :-)

One of my piggies, River was in the hospital cage overnight, and I had cleaned all the poop out before bed (twice!) but there was LOADS when I looked this morning! It amazes me how much poop something so small can produce!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back