• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

How often should a guinea pig sneeze?

Popcorn bby

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi! I was just wondering how often a healthy guinea should sneeze per day? Today one of my piggies has sneezed five big sneezes (and that's of what I've heard, I haven't been w them all day). Two I suspect is because I got a bit of benebac near her nose, and one during a Piggie wash. The other two were big and had no explanation though. My other piggie was sneezing about five times when she was under the bed, understandably because there's dust there. She kept rubbing her nose for a good twenty minutes after. I saw a silent sneeze twice when she was eating from a huge hay pile. The hay bag we have this time around is very dust-free, and I have faith my babes are both free of URI but I was just wondering how many times other people's healthy piggies sneeze per day? Thanks !

When pig are poorly runs of sneezing is what you need to watch for. (As in lots of sneezing all together not individual ones as much). Sneezing a few times when washing is normal and so is all the things you’ve described. Check your piggie for weight loss and any signs of nasal discharge around the nose and front feet. (Discharge when washing is normal but shouldn’t hang around)
Hope this helps.
x

Last edited:
When pig are poorly runs of sneezing is what you need to watch for. (As in lots of sneezing all together not individual ones as much). Sneezing a few times when washing is normal and so is all the things you’ve described. Check your piggie for weight loss and any signs of nasal discharge around the nose and front feet. (Discharge when washing is normal but shouldn’t hang around)
Hope this helps.
x
Extremely helpful! Thank you lots 😊

Back