• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

how to know if my piggy is lonely

eprizer

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So i got my piggy from someone who was giving her away on craigslist. she stated that winnie didn’t get along with her other guinea pigs and would get aggressive with them. she was looking to rehome to someone who only wanted one guinea pig. i have her in a big enough cage and she gets a lot a of attention. i also change her hides and toys up pretty often. i just worry that she is lonely sometimes and that she maybe wants a friend. i just really don’t want her to be unhappy but i don’t know of she wants to share her space with another

Welcome to the Forum. Hope you enjoy your time here!

All guinea pigs need a friend. It's personality with piggies. They need to get on with other. Just because one piggy pairing didn't work doesn't mean it'll be like that all the time. It's like you being stuck in an office. Some people you like some people you wouldn't give the time of day to.

Do you have any rescues near you in your State? The Guinea Lynx site has lists of recommended rescues but I can't link them in on this device. I'm sure someone will be along soon who can.

Has you piggy had a vet check yet? Sometimes people who give away pets are economical with the truth. A good Piggy vet will also be able to let you know that she is a she and not a he!

:agr:
Piggy needs a vet check and bonding with a character compatible friend. Human contact and toys aren’t enough to stop them from being lonely
The best way to find a friend is to go to a rescue centre and as them to help you. Two piggies need to character compatible for them to bond so if you were to just go and get another piggy, from a pet shop for example, then you have no idea if they are going to like each other and that is how bonds fail and piggies end up alone

Welcome to the Forum. Hope you enjoy your time here!

All guinea pigs need a friend. It's personality with piggies. They need to get on with other. Just because one piggy pairing didn't work doesn't mean it'll be like that all the time. It's like you being stuck in an office. Some people you like some people you wouldn't give the time of day to.

Do you have any rescues near you in your State? The Guinea Lynx site has lists of recommended rescues but I can't link them in on this device. I'm sure someone will be along soon who can.

Has you piggy had a vet check yet? Sometimes people who give away pets are economical with the truth. A good Piggy vet will also be able to let you know that she is a she and not a he!
Thank you so much for the advice! i have an appointment for her scheduled and its coming up soon so hopefully they’ll be able to help me! any idea if they can tell you an age? or like an estimate of how old they are?

Back