Hutch indoors

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Having seen a post by @anyar.dris in the commercial cages section, I’m debating buying a hutch and putting it in place of the c&c, and having a permanent run they can access anytime.

For those who have an indoor hutch setup, please can I see them? And, I’m considering the bluebell hutch. The other option is the great & small (XL?).

TIA

Piggies&buns

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I don’t have a hutch indoors, but my outdoor rabbit is in the great and small XL. It is a fantastic hutch, has lasted years and would not hesitate in recommending it.

My guinea pigs are in the shed and they have a 4x4 c&c cage with their hutch (homemade) standing in the middle of it with a ramp up to the hutch giving them 24/7 access to both the c&c area and hutch. Works brilliantly for them.

anyar.dris

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
We have our cage setup since when we had our 2 guinea pigs 7 yrs ago, we didn't think that the hutch will be that small for them. So we incorporated the c&c and we didn't want the hutch wasted. Although they do have a free run of our living room. We only started putting the c&c permanently around 3 or 4 years ago coz they really need a big area to run around whenever we go out for the day. But if we are in, they still have the free run in our living room until 10pm.