• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I am in despair - healing vibes needed again

munchmonster

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
I managed to get both piggies an appointment with Ellie tomorrow afternoon and have negotiated working longer hours next week to make up the time.
Wilf is going downhill despite the syringe feeds but I have asked him to hang on in there and see what Ellie has to say. He makes strange noises at times when he breathes and has sneezed a couple of times as well. Annie has sneezed once while i have been home but is eating a few snacks and some hay.
I feel like there is a dark cloud above my head at the moment but try to remain positive.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow

Bill & Ted

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
So sorry you are having such an awful time with Wilf and Annie, sending lots of healing vibes and hugs for you. Hope Ellie can get to the bottom of what’s wrong x

Two_Wheeks

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
Just read your thread and wanted to send healing vibes to you and to the piggies.

When my Higgins was unwell, he wouldn't touch anything or go near a syringe, he couldn't get enough of porridge oats. He had them dry. My other piggy Gibson went through a similar thing, but had his porridge oats warmed up with oat milk.. Maybe worth a try?

Let us know how you get on, and know that we are all here supporting you and the piggies x

munchmonster

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
We went to see Ellie today but it wasn't great news. Poor Wilf (I now feel very guilty that didn't take him sooner) He has lost one of his front teeth and the other has been pushed over to the right by his jaw becoming mis-shaped. This is due to what she thinks is an abscess in his jaw so he is now on 3 lots of meds plus syringe feeds and we have to go back in 10 days. If this doesn't work he will have to have an op to drain it, leaving an opening which I will have to flush out every day for weeks. There is only one other option which I don't even want to think about. Please send him big healing vibes.

h_and_piggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry to hear Wilf is going through a tough time. Fingers crossed the meds kick in quick and he gets better soon.