• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I am in despair - healing vibes needed again

Thanks for the suggestions I was in need of those as I can feel every bone in his body. He came out of his hidey today and came up to the side of his home looking for me to give him a snack but when I did he couldn't eat it and it was only a small piece of the middle of a cucumber. I guess he will have to learn to eat with just the one bottom-front tooth. I will send for these other feeds in the hope he likes one or all of them.

Thanks for the suggestions I was in need of those as I can feel every bone in his body. He came out of his hidey today and came up to the side of his home looking for me to give him a snack but when I did he couldn't eat it and it was only a small piece of the middle of a cucumber. I guess he will have to learn to eat with just the one bottom-front tooth. I will send for these other feeds in the hope he likes one or all of them.
Hoping you can find something he likes. Try and take care of yourself too.

When Zara couldn't eat because of her teeth she was able to slurp up a little pile of cucumber middles... not very nutritious but at least she was getting fluid and something was going in under her own steam.

You could ring round local vets for Recovery - that's the one mine stock so it can just be bought over the counter. The CC fine grind is more scarce. I also pounded carrot in a little water using a mortar n pestle to get carrot-water to flavour the slurry. If you have something more hardcore like a nutribullet that would work too (but don't put grass in before you chop into little pieces because mine got tangled and nearly exploded!)

We are just on our way home from holiday but I’m sure I have some of the fine grind papaya flavour CC. It’s been opened as I often treat my old boy to some CC every now and then.
If you wanted to try it you are more than welcome. I don’t think we are too far away from one another. I live near Bolsover, I could meet you somewhere or you could come get it? I really hope he’s ok. Xx

have you tried vegetable baby food? he might like that or perhaps mix some in with mashed pellets
I would try this. I tried this with Sugar and mixed it with the Critical Care and she’d eat the CC that way. Sadly we lost her on Sunday though, but that was the only way she was willing to eat that.

I would try this. I tried this with Sugar and mixed it with the Critical Care and she’d eat the CC that way. Sadly we lost her on Sunday though, but that was the only way she was willing to eat that.
I am sorry for your loss.

I am very sorry to read your post. May she popcorn free over the rainbow bridge. Look after yourself as you grieve

So sorry you lost Sugar :hug:

I am very sorry to read your post. May she popcorn free over the rainbow bridge. Look after yourself as you grieve
Thank you 😔. She went down hill pretty fast. She seemed to be doing ok and then suddenly she wasn’t. We still have her “sister” Cinnamon who seems to be doing ok for now but I’m keeping an eye on her. I’d read about putting a stuffed animal in the cage to keep them company but Cinnamon just tried to bite at it and I didn’t know if that was harmful to her or not if she started biting pieces of it off 😂. I hope your piggies are on the mend soon. It’s so hard seeing them like this ❤️

I am so HAPPY today! I took Wilf into the kitchen to weigh him this morning and while he was on the scales he spotted 2 french beans on the worktop and couldn't wait to get to them. I placed one in front of him and he ate it all :nod:
I cut the other in half and put the pieces in a paper bag in with him and Annie, Look at this!
Wilfinbag.jpg
Annie joined in but she ate the bag
wilfandannieinbag.jpg

Sometimes I use the dusty bits at the bottom of the nugget bags & mix up with hot water, mine usually tuck into them quite nicely... & it saves wasting it :tu:

I think I may have a couple of sachets of supreme recovery left over I'll check when I get home/tomorrow, let me know if you're interested in them?

Healing vibes being sent by the truckload, just look at those adorable hefty gpig botties! :luv:
Xx

Back