• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I desperately need help fast

😞😞😞right after I replied to u i went to give him some more cranberry juice and c vitamin but he has taken a turn for the worse I’m afraid cuz when didn’t wanna take in the fibereplex that should be given to him 3 times a day and that just was in his mouth and he couldn’t swallow it
Had to wash it down with some juice
Still I put some pressure around the penis hit some of the white infection look alike out and spray it and wash it with betadine
He usually Hays when I put in on his back but I put him on the floor and he didn’t even react just lay there 😭😭😭
I thought he is getting better

BIG HUGS

I am so sorry! It is always so gutting and such an emotional rollercoaster. :(

Please ring the vets and ask whether they are willing to see him even without experience with guinea pigs as matter of a life and death, or to put him at least to sleep in order to not let him suffer unnecessarily if he is indeed dying.
Take the lists of safe and unsafe medications with you and refuse any steroids. The relevant links are in this chapter here: Emergency and Bridging Care until a Vet Appointment

I can't offer any advise to what has already been given but I am so sorry that you are going through this and that you are living in an area where the vet won't see a guinea pig :( but like Wiebke has suggested, please phone and see if they will see him as a life or death emergency. They least they can do is end his suffering if that's what's needed xx

BIG HUGS

I am so sorry! It is always so gutting and such an emotional rollercoaster. :(

Please ring the vets and ask whether they are willing to see him even without experience with guinea pigs as matter of a life and death, or to put him at least to sleep in order to not let him suffer unnecessarily if he is indeed dying.
Take the lists of safe and unsafe medications with you and refuse any steroids. The relevant links are in this chapter here: Emergency and Bridging Care until a Vet Appointment
I’m sorry to bother u again but
He has took a turn to worse and I’m wondering if it’s my fault and the way I handle the syringe before I read it link I done it twice or so fast cuz I felt like by doing slow I was dragging it and put him through more pain
Now he can’t breath properly I can hear him breath it’s like a train rack /a piping sound and he is breathing heavily
He didn’t want to have any of cranberry juice
What have I done ? Did I do this or is it his organs shutting down!

I’m sorry but it could be that he has aspirated the food and that a bit has gone in to his lungs :( please don’t blame yourself as syringe feeding is difficult especially when you don’t know how but he really does need to see a vet as a matter of urgency

I can't offer any advise to what has already been given but I am so sorry that you are going through this and that you are living in an area where the vet won't see a guinea pig :( but like Wiebke has suggested, please phone and see if they will see him as a life or death emergency. They least they can do is end his suffering if that's what's needed xx
I did do that he gave me the same answer which was he didn’t had the expertise when I insisted he said I could take him so he could have a look at him but he wanted me to know that’s just the consultation would coat 450£ on a weekend and then if he could do anything that will come in addition to consultation
I don’t have that kind of money so I can pay 450£ only for him to tell me what’s wrong I need treatment too
I’m des

I’m sorry but it could be that he has aspirated the food and that a bit has gone in to his lungs :( please don’t blame yourself as syringe feeding is difficult especially when you don’t know how but he really does need to see a vet as a matter of urgency
U mean right now?omg this night never gonna end😞

I did call the vet on call he gave me the same answer which was he didn’t had the expertise when I insisted he said I could take him so he could have a look at him but he wanted me to know that’s just the consultation would coat 450£ on a weekend and then if he could do anything that will come in addition to consultation
I don’t have that kind of money so I can pay 450£ only for him to tell me what’s wrong I need treatment too

I’m sorry to bother u again but
He has took a turn to worse and I’m wondering if it’s my fault and the way I handle the syringe before I read it link I done it twice or so fast cuz I felt like by doing slow I was dragging it and put him through more pain
Now he can’t breath properly I can hear him breath it’s like a train rack /a piping sound and he is breathing heavily
He didn’t want to have any of cranberry juice
What have I done ? Did I do this or is it his organs shutting down!

BIG HUGS!

No, it is not you, but it sounds like his heart is straining and his body is starting to close down. Because of that, some of the fluid may have gone down the wrong way or up into the nose, which is what you are hearing as soon as there is the least obstruction somewhere. I am very sorry; it sounds like something more serious is going on than I'd hoped.

If it is any consolation to you, then a vet visit yesterday would have likely come too late, either; it would have been a race against the time since any antibiotic would have taken 1-2 days to kick in. A major illness is where the small body is very much against you - it happens all on fast forward. :(

Not your fault at all. Just plain bad luck and the usual worst time for it to happen... and that is not something you have control over.
Your boy couldn't have a more caring and loving mummy. You are doing your very best. Nobody and nopig is asking more of you. The rest is in God's hands and not yours.

Please just keep him warm (but not hot) and comfy.

BIG HUGS!

No, it is not you, but it sounds like his heart is straining and his body is starting to close down. Because of that, some of the fluid may have gone down the wrong way or up into the nose, which is what you are hearing as soon as there is the least obstruction somewhere. I am very sorry; it sounds like something more serious is going on than I'd hoped.

If it is any consolation to you, then a vet visit yesterday would have likely come too late, either; it would have been a race against the time since any antibiotic would have taken 1-2 days to kick in. A major illness is where the small body is very much against you - it happens all on fast forward. :(

Not your fault at all. Just plain bad luck and the usual worst time for it to happen... and that is not something you have control over.
Your boy couldn't have a more caring and loving mummy. You are doing your very best. Nobody and nopig is asking more of you. The rest is in God's hands and not yours.

Please just keep him warm (but not hot) and comfy.
Is he gonna die? Should I give him some paracetamol at least to release him of his pain
Sound is bad I can hear it from 2 meter away

Is he gonna die? Should I give him some paracetamol at least to release him of his pain
I just checked they gonna open 8 in the morning and I don’t care if I don’t have an appointment I’ll be there at 8
If makes it through the night

Please do NOT give any paracetamol!

I am very sorry, but I can't tell you whether he is going to make it through the night or not. But a) paracetamol is not good for guinea pigs b) it doesn't do anything for his breathing and c) if his body is indeed closing down, then he won't be able to process any medication anymore.

You can help him more by placing a bowl of steaming water nearby and then please do some calming down exercises for yourself, if you know any. Otherwise send him you loving thoughts and gently caress him with them. ;)

I just checked they gonna open 8 in the morning and I don’t care if I don’t have an appointment I’ll be there at 8
If makes it through the night
If he makes it overnight can they cure him of the flued in his lungs?

If he makes it overnight can they cure him of the flued in his lungs?

Unless you have dumped several syringes' worth into him without giving him the chance to swallow, he won't have got all that much fluid up his nose (where it ends much likely than down his lungs where he has a coughing reflex to bring it up). ;)

Unless you have dumped several syringes' worth into him without giving him the chance to swallow, he won't have got all that much fluid up his nose (where it ends much likely than down his lungs where he has a coughing reflex to bring it up). ;)
No I didn’t
But I think this is his last hours
He is trying To walk but he can’t
It’s truly painful to watch

No I didn’t
But I think this is his last hours
He is trying To walk but he can’t
It’s truly painful to watch

I am ever so sorry; watching a piggy is always totally heart-breaking! The first time is the worst because you are not braced for just how physical the process often is. When we think of death, we have this vague image of peacefull slipping away in one's sleep. This actually happens only rarely.

Please be strong for your boy and keep in mind that at some point he will be no longer fully or at all with it long before the body goes. It will hopefully not last all that long, especially when the heart is going first. Please be aware that oxygen starvation from a failing heart may cause fitting; we call this 'running to the Rainbow Bridge' as your boy will by then be nearly there. It can be very upsetting if you don't know this.
Watching it can be worse than going through it yourself because you feel so helpless. Once he has crossed the line of no return, there is nothing you can do for him except to keep him nicely warm but not hot (to counter a failing blood circulation which means that he will feel cold) and as calm as possible where he feels at home while he is still with it.

Take good care of yourself, too, and let your boy make his journey carried by the wings of your love!
I am going to bed now as I have a very busy week ahead.

You may find these guides here very helpful if you lose your boy:
Looking After A Bereaved Guinea Pig
Human Bereavement - Grieving, coping tips and support links for guinea pig owners and their children

I am ever so sorry; watching a piggy is always totally heart-breaking! The first time is the worst because you are not braced for just how physical the process often is. When we think of death, we have this vague image of peacefull slipping away in one's sleep. This actually happens only rarely.

Please be strong for your boy and keep in mind that at some point he will be no longer fully or at all with it long before the body goes. It will hopefully not last all that long, especially when the heart is going first. Please be aware that oxygen starvation from a failing heart may cause fitting; we call this 'running to the Rainbow Bridge' as your boy will by then be nearly there. It can be very upsetting if you don't know this.
Watching it can be worse than going through it yourself because you feel so helpless. Once he has crossed the line of no return, there is nothing you can do for him except to keep him nicely warm but not hot (to counter a failing blood circulation which means that he will feel cold) and as calm as possible where he feels at home while he is still with it.

Take good care of yourself, too, and let your boy make his journey carried by the wings of your love!
I am going to bed now as I have a very busy week ahead.

You may find these guides here very helpful if you lose your boy:
Looking After A Bereaved Guinea Pig
Human Bereavement - Grieving, coping tips and support links for guinea pig owners and their children
I really appreciate u being here for me Tnx a lot
But Darcy isn’t the only one I should think of Marcy too
When should I remove Mr Darcy
I read somewhere that the others get anxious if u remove them with them register it
I wanted to keep him with me but I felt like he wanted to go back to the cage and his house be close to Darcy and I felt this is the right thing to do but I’m sitting here just next to them

Back