• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I know what is wrong with Dr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Tonight I noticed an awful smell on Dr's left side. Then I found his ear was full of green pus and that's where the smell comes from. He winces if I go anywhere near it. It must hurt so much. So I called the oncall vet who said it would be Ok to wait and take him to Roger's clinic in the morning for antibiotics. I can't stop crying - I am so angry I didn't spot it before, but there was no smell, so frightened it may be too late, i don't know. i just want morning to come so we can go first thing.
Thanks for all your support and ideas about Dr x

I tend to find after a while the horrible smell you notice becomes a warning sign of pus some where on a pig, yesterday in the vets I could smell the pus smell on a dog and asked what was wrong with him the owner said she has got an abcess I just knew the smell , what a life skill to have huh!

Well the vet cleaned the ear but said it wasn't enough to cause all Dr's problems, so Dr is staying in overnight for observation. I am really relieved. The vet is going to have another good look at his teeth. I will phone this evening to see what is going on. poor darling Dr.

at least he is relieved of one problem. glad you have a good vet. let us know what happens. he's in the best place. Michele

looks like it vets week for us lot lol,
I do hope Dr is alright and the vets are at least taking you serioulsy thank goodness, thinking of him and you ;)

Poor Dr is really in the wars isn't he.

Fingers crossed he starts to feel better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back