• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I really think I'll be saying goodbye sometime soon...

dannif_piggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I've put this in general piggy chat, as I'm not looking for advice, more just want to express how I'm feeling. It's about Honey again... recently she's been having more blips, and tonight I'm really worried, her weight has dropped to 760g, she's hardly eating and their water bottle has minimal from it, I haven't seen her drink, only Willow... she hasn't stopped hiding away, as soon as I lift a hide, she'll go straight to the closest one, this isn't Honey at all, she's one of the least scared pigs I know and is usually the one that is happy to lay out in the open. She's nibbled on the smallest bit of hay cookie, had some cucumber with her probiotic on it and apart from that, not a lot. I topped her up with about 12ml of CC between hour and hour and half ago, and that's what I'm planning to do throughout the night.

She's really looking exhausted now, old and frail, just generally worn out. As you can imagine for a piggy that used to weigh 1kg, this weight loss over time (as well as obviously the weight lost from ovarian cysts removal) she's looking rather gaunt and skinny now along with muscle loss. All I can do is be there for her as much as possible, and see what the vets say tomorrow (she has an appointment for half 10).

I've got a feeling she may have cancer as when the op was done they found some abnormalities but removed as much of the uterus as possible, obviously this could've been anything but who knows how it's developed or changed since her op.

Along with her grand age of about 6 and a half years, I don't think she's going to be with us much longer, this certainly is the worst she's been since prior her op. I just hope she isn't suffering or in pain 😪 Dreading the day I make that rainbow bridge post 😭💔

Aw bless her. It’s so sad when they begin to slow down and fade away :(

I’m sure that she isn’t in pain or discomfort. You would know if she was xx
It really is, I just can't believe has quick the time has flown from when she was a little baby, but I just need to be grateful for the amazing time I've had with her, and now just appreciate every last day I have with her. These blips are so stressful and worrying but this is what you owe your pets at the end for all the great memories they give throughout their lives.

Thank you for your support

Aw, poor Honey, hope she pulls through, sending lots of hugs to you both x
Knowing her, she's probably just keeping me on my toes once again and this time tomorrow I'm hoping I'll be back on here saying "another false alarm guys, Honey has bounced back again" but there's only so many times she can bounce back bless her, she's such a fighter it's unreal 😌

Oh bless her, and bless you. Such a stressful time for you but I'm sure she knows you're doing all you can to keep her comfortable and happy, and that's really all we can do. :hug:

Poor Honey :( Just know that you are doing as much as you can for her and it sure looks like you love her a lot. I feel like Honey understands that :luv: Wishing the best xx

Such a beautiful piggy. I hope she turns a corner.
She really is, I'm certainly biased 🤣 But she's just got such an endearing face 😍 She's now laying by the hay and been having a bit of a nibble but still rather concerned

Hopefully, she will bounce back sending lots of love from me and my little guinea pig miga:love::luv::luv::hug::hug:

It's so difficult to watch them age and lose weight without any of the surgery worries too. Sending hugs to you and Honey xx

Aw hopefully it is another false alarm. To be honest over the years I've had many. It was only last Sunday I was in tears speaking to my other half about how it was time to say goodbye. He was miserable sitting and hiding all the time, he's been unwell for about a year started last February. He used to weigh 1084 grams now he is 725 grams he lost the weight gradually. Full of fluid fastward to the evening and he was mooching for vegetables and eating hay. When we went back to the vets I got told how good he was doing, now I'm sitting watching him munching hay.

These little guys like to keep us on our toes, loads of healing wheeks being sent your way. I know just how much of a worry it can be!

Thank you every body, it's been a long tiring night so far and I'm only half way through, but until just now, she's been laying right by the hay giving it a nibble every so often, but as I was watching her from my bed, she wandered over and had a drink! This is the first one she's had that I've seen all day! She even fought off Willow when she was annoying her 🤣 (Head nudged her away) she went to nibble on some more hay and now she's back drinking. I'm really hoping it's just another blip.

So Honey is back up to 782g, which for her, recently, I'm happy with. I'm going to continue to top her up with CC throughout today, but she seems so bright again, no hiding away, rummaging through hay, and then she ran over to their breakfast this morning. I'm fully aware this change in weight could simply be a full or embty bladder, but usually she weighs more in the evening than morning so for her to be that low in the evening yesterday was worrying. Fingers crossed I'll weigh her later and she's back to normal of weighing more in the evening. She's probably just like "pig slave isn't slaving hard enough, let's keep her on her toes and make her have a sleepless night of worry and in the morning she'll wake up to me being fine" 🙄😂 I feel like these pigs have these evil ways and conjure up their own plans whilst we're gone 🤣

Thank you everyone for your support. But I think Honey has just given another false alarm. I'll now keep this thread for further false alarms, and more than likely each time I'll expect the worst and it'll just be another blip 🙄🤞

Good morning. Just read this.
Honey is old and you know this. She's not the crazy piggie she was in younger days.
You doing a fantastic job and your TLC is coming through and i hug you for that.
Times in piggies life's we have to pay the emotional price of looking after them.
I'm sure if she was in pain and distress then you have to put your love to the test.
To you Honey you fight little one. Big squeaks and kisses from my piggies. xx
'

Back