• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

I want this for christmas!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4piggiepigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Oh my god with the exception of the palm tree ( i havent worked out how to make them thing's yet) i could make it all for about £30.00! I am making two cage liner's for my sister and she got mattress topper £12.99 two 3 fleece stripe for base pink side's £7.00 and two reel's of cotton £2.60 might be good stuff and i am only learning but i'd rather have slightly wonky sewing than pay that!

Oh my god with the exception of the palm tree ( i havent worked out how to make them thing's yet) i could make it all for about £30.00! I am making two cage liner's for my sister and she got mattress topper £12.99 two 3 fleece stripe for base pink side's £7.00 and two reel's of cotton £2.60 might be good stuff and i am only learning but i'd rather have slightly wonky sewing than pay that!
LOL I had the same thought about those snuggle sacks you can buy (I think they're about £7).
My eldest daughter had grown out of loads of her pj's so I cut them up and bought some flexi plastic wire and made my own.
Out of 3 pairs of pj bottoms I've made 4 for my niece's piggies and 7 for my piggies, but I've still got loads of material left so I'm gonna make a few more for when the piggies all move in to the shed in fact I might even make a huge snuggle sack for my Bichon Frise lol.

4piggiepigs

Adult Guinea Pig
LOL I had the same thought about those snuggle sacks you can buy (I think they're about £7).
My eldest daughter had grown out of loads of her pj's so I cut them up and bought some flexi plastic wire and made my own.
Out of 3 pairs of pj bottoms I've made 4 for my niece's piggies and 7 for my piggies, but I've still got loads of material left so I'm gonna make a few more for when the piggies all move in to the shed in fact I might even make a huge snuggle sack for my Bichon Frise lol.

I see them, they are cool, i get pattern's off guineapigcage's site in the forum under accessories they have loads of pattern's, i can make a toy for about £1 to £3 tunnel,cuddlecup's,hanging bed hanging tunnel and snuggle sack's. it's worth getting a machine tho they run up in no time.

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Hahaha :)) I could easy sew it the boys have loads of cuddle cups and pyrimid beds made by me, I'm just a wee lazy :p but i love the idea hmmm could be a task for their summer hutch interior next year hmmm

4piggiepigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Hahaha :)) I could easy sew it the boys have loads of cuddle cups and pyrimid beds made by me, I'm just a wee lazy :p but i love the idea hmmm could be a task for their summer hutch interior next year hmmm
I just got a new sewing machine today so I will be making load's i struggled with my old one to make my sis in-law a cage line set last night she promised me she will put a pic up tonight once she's put it on, she better lo. do you know how to make the palm tree's then? I am just teaching myself at the moment.

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
I just got a new sewing machine today so I will be making load's i struggled with my old one to make my sis in-law a cage line set last night she promised me she will put a pic up tonight once she's put it on, she better lo. do you know how to make the palm tree's then? I am just teaching myself at the moment.
I believe it would be similar to making a pyramid bed instead of using the triangle shape you would use a cone shape,

Here's my thread on making a pyramid bed:

http://theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55956
And heres my idea for a palm tree pattern, (sorry i cant use paint very well!) and you'd need a circular base too:, and I’d suggest x3 layers (outer materiel, wadding and inner materiel) and the leaf part would be quite easy to make too i guess : )
http://theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55956

4piggiepigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Pyramid look's great! i was planning on making one so that come's in handy, you posted the same link twice tho. i wanted to make the crash pad's i see somewhere they look so cool but hard to make

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Hehee i noticed and re posted my pic (above your post), just an idea i'll have to try it out at some point and see if it works :) and thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.