• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Inco Pads or the material Petra was going on about ZORB/Zoom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flintstones

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ah I can't remember anyway to the point, also to give Jen something else to read ;).

I'm going to get some piggy bedsheets made to size but I cannont decide which material I am best with?

Could people tell me what they use... and please don't throw anymore beddings into the mix am confused enough as it is :)).

How successful are you with the Inco Pads?

OR

Maybe you use the material Petra was talking about if so I want to hear about it :)!

Also any links in regards to the successful of either material please link me!

if you want to know about zorb you will probably need to go to an American forum as it was rather expensive to import when i looked into

I love my incopads! not that i use them for myself lol :))

what do you mean by last! the fleece is still dry 7 days in... they should last years not sure about cutting and sewing as i just have them loose underneath and they do not move and it means i can wash them on a higher temperature than you can with fleece (this will be important if you get lice as you will need to hot wash everything to kill the b*ggers!)

what do you mean by last! the fleece is still dry 7 days in... they should last years not sure about cutting and sewing as i just have them loose underneath and they do not move and it means i can wash them on a higher temperature than you can with fleece (this will be important if you get lice as you will need to hot wash everything to kill the b*ggers!)

Ohhh... so I'm probably aswell just having them loose then?!

thats what i do, plus i need to be able to fit stuff in the washing machine?

I use the inco pads and change the cage once a week but spot clean everyday (mind you I only have one wee piggie at the mo). The fleece stays nice and dry and the inco pads work great I just tuck the fleece under the inco pads then as mentioned if you want to wash on a higher temp you can go to 90 degree with them. I also use a large litter tray with newspaper, back 2 nature litter and put the redigrass in one corner and the hay (in its holder) in the other and so far he pretty much poops in there and does go in there to pee off and on. I'm not sure how you'd go with cutting and resewing, you should be okay so long as you bind the cut edge well.

I'm an inco pad fan. I have just ordered another 2 today and will order more next payday too.

In the end I hope to have enough for 2 changes on each cage - big ask with my monster cages.

BUT I'm going to do the same as you Joanne stitch them and make bespoke ones with the fleece stitched on.

The main difference I have noticed apart from the fleece being dry is the smell. It can get pretty whiffy here with so many but they really catch and hold the smell and that's brilliant as I hate a smelly home.

I'm an inco pad fan. I have just ordered another 2 today and will order more next payday too.

In the end I hope to have enough for 2 changes on each cage - big ask with my monster cages.

BUT I'm going to do the same as you Joanne stitch them and make bespoke ones with the fleece stitched on.

The main difference I have noticed apart from the fleece being dry is the smell. It can get pretty whiffy here with so many but they really catch and hold the smell and that's brilliant as I hate a smelly home.

Do you think it makes them smell less?

Have you ever used towels?

Sorry for butting in but I have used towels under fleece on top of newspaper in the past and I have to say I find a difference definately no smell with inco pads.

They definitely cut down on smell - alot.

I have used and still use towels in the one cage and the floors of the big cage that don't have inco pads yet. I also use newspapers when I have them. But hopefully I can eliminate all those in the end and only use the pads.

Sorry for butting in but I have used towels under fleece on top of newspaper in the past and I have to say I find a difference definately no smell with inco pads.

Inco pads it is!.... Do you think it will be ok If I stitch them together, do you still use newspaper with the inco pads?

No newspaper or anything else provided you can cover the full floor space of course.

I plan on cutting and stitching mine to size I think if that's possible - I may try it with one and see if it works.

No newspaper or anything else provided you can cover the full floor space of course.

I plan on cutting and stitching mine to size I think if that's possible - I may try it with one and see if it works.

I have someone that is going to do mine, once I get sizes and materials for them :)!

are you using disposable or washable ones?

Disposable ones, from the NHS :) My dad is a paramedic and he has boxes of them
Its cheeky but it does save cash.

and when I say loads I use about 4 in the cage at a time, but we put them in for recycling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back