• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Inco Pads or the material Petra was going on about ZORB/Zoom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I change mine every 6 days (but I change the fleece every 3 days)

Well just to throw a spanner into the works (!) I'm about to make something different. Bottom layer of waterproof nylon fabric, middle layer of AquaMats and top layer of fleece. AquaMats are a washable ultra-absorbant man-made fabric - we've had them for drying the dogs etc. They wash really well and hold a heck of a lot of liquid. I shall be making them tomorrow and will let you know how well they work (when I've got the piggies - one week to go - squeeeeee!)

The AquaMats sound very interesting - at the moment I have Zorb and also inco-pads to try when we get our piggies - I plan to make piggy bedspreads but have the absorbent layer separate so that the fleece or the absorbent layer can be changed as necessary.

How well do the AquaMats wash? The price seems very good and because they are in different sizes I suppose you could layer them where needed under the fleece.

Aqua mats OH NO not something else I can try!

Off to google it

How well do the AquaMats wash? The price seems very good and because they are in different sizes I suppose you could layer them where needed under the fleece.

They wash really well - we've used them for years for washing and drying the dogs. The only trouble is you can't buy one large enough to cover the entire bottom of the cage so I plan on stitching a few together.

My plan is an 'all in one' jobbie all stitched together but formed from three layers. I've cut everything out and will be stitching tomorrow (three in total - one for the cage, one for the wash and one drying). The piggies don't arrive until Friday so I can't road test until then. Watch this space.........

Lisa/Modwyn.... Are the inco pads heavy when you take them out of the washer? Do they take long to dry? I currently put the towels in the tumble dryer but would rather not had to tumble piggie stuff cos it costs so much!

Thanks!

The inco pads come out of the washer very light and hardly damp, then I either pop them on the maid or on the rad and hey presto dry in no time.

The inco pads come out of the washer very light and hardly damp, then I either pop them on the maid or on the rad and hey presto dry in no time.

Excellent, thank you! Just need to plan out the sizes of my cages.

I'm planning on getting one of those small pads too, like a chair pad, for lap time.

I emailed a site that sold them and was all like "this may be a strange question blah blah.... blah blah for my guinea pig blah blah...." and they responded with "Most people who buy for guinea pigs. Buy 75cms x 90cms with no wings" ..... rolleyes so not such a strange question! They must get lots of requests!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back