• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Infamous Vet Visit !

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJG

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So yesterday after a busy day at work I had to take Titan and Goliath to the vets (nothing serious thank god just a check up to check their weight , Titan also has a scar above his eye ( he had this when he chose me at p@h which is healing but as I'm a worry whale I wanted to get it checked lol ) so we're sat in the waiting room which is full of people and suddenly Titan ( who's the most bolshy , rude , naughty guniea pig I've ever had ) started squeking like he was being murdered ( so much so that the receptionist asked if everything was ok ) worried he was hurt or had been squashed by Goliath I took of the lid to see if he was okay . Of course he was . Gave me a smug look as if to say you bring me here I'll make you look bad . We finally get called into to vets and as soon as I take of the lid the female vet Goes AH HIM , surprised I said oh you remember him bareing in mind she sees 100s of animals every week . Then she said ' yes when I had to check him over for his eye he managed to out wit me and escape twice , he's a real Houdini isn't he'
And as if on cue Titan looks straight at me and gives me the most adorable grumpy/ proud look ! I think my life with my new best friend is going to be an adventure ! These two are my first set of boars and they have me in stiches every single day . What a rascal . Does anyone else have any funny stories like this? I'd love to hear them! Make me feel slightly better that my boy isn't the only naughty one lol !
The picture ? Looks like butter wouldn't melt doesn't it !

image.jpg

I LOVE their names! If I'd been able to choose I would have Spitfire and Hercules. Mine came ready named though.

Sounds like you're u have your work cut out with Titan...

Reactions: MJG
Thank you !
I know he's such a rascal ! Full of personality but he's so cute with it !

Thats hilarious. He must have made such an impression on the poor vet!
I love their names, too.

That's hilarious! Bless him!

Well I had to take one of mine to the vets for a nail trim because she wriggles and screams down the shed when I try to do it. So to be safe I took her. I explained how awful she was with me, vet picked her up to trim nails and she sat there good as gold!

Not even one squeak! Made me look so daft! I swear she had a smug look on her face...

I love their names ! I have taken one of my boys to be bonded with another male friend,he took an instant dislike to the human owner and bit hard on her finger !ouch.needless to say we did not arrive home with a pal.:lol!:

:D Glad it's not just my pig who has made an impression at the vets. They really do express themselves when they want to don't they? ;) Gorgeous pig btw.

Mr Brunel lost his original companion due to cancer. I took him back to Windwhistle warren to boar date (it's where I got him from as a baby) and he had a lovely day out beating up five other boars and sinking his teeth into the hand of the lady who was there trying to find him a friend.

No other rescues even remotely near us offers boar dating, so the only real option was to neuter him to get him wifepig. My local vets don't fill me with confidence, however my parents live near a vet who whilst not recommended on this site has done extra qualifications in small animal anaesthetics and who as a good reputation for small animal surgery with the Vet. nurses at the college I work in. I was 'chicken sitting' for my parents for a couple of weeks so I booked Mr Brunel in for his little operation whilst I was down in the area.

He really is a very expressive boy. Apparently he spent most of the morning giving the vet the 'evils' through the bars of his cage.

He came through the op. ok, and when I went to collect him I found a very groggy Brunel wolfing down dandelion leaves as if he hadn't been fed for weeks. He looked pretty pleased to see me! The vet described him as a pig that was full of personality who made his feelings well and truly known to everyone.

When I took him back in a few days later for a quick check up a second vet saw him, recognised him and commented again on the 'evil' looks he was giving everyone at the surgery pre-op. Brunel just grumped at him as he had his wounds checked.
IMG_0805.JPG

Last edited:
So sweet! One of my girls, Sundae, is pretty well-known by the vet and the staff there. She has had a couple of health issues over the year, one of which required her to be there weekly for a long time, so they got to know us pretty well. At one checkup, the vet said that Sundae must have the heart of a lion in the body of a guinea pig because she's been through quite a lot but just keeps on trooping and has exceeded all expectations... that's my girl, Sundae the lionhearted! :)

Just another vet story... once we had to take a previous pig, Linney, to the vet for a postop check and we ended up seeing a vet who wasn't our usual. Just for background, Linney was on the larger side... a little pudgy, but a lot of it was just big bone structure- she had a huge broad head, big feet, and she was a sheltie cross with a ton of fur that made her look even larger. So when we got her out of the carrier, the vet who wasn't familiar with her exclaimed : "Wow! You're a BIG one!" The kids thought it was funny, Linney probably had her feelings hurt! LOL!

So adorable! I have always wanted to see a Himalayan piggy never even so much as seen one in the fuzz!

Reactions: TAN
Oh such funny stories and all gorgeous!

A number of years ago I adopted a lovely neutered boar to be a companion to my three girls. The dominant girl was a real 'mummies' girl and loved attention. I think she wanted to be a human actually. After about a week she started screaming and I mean real high pitched, stressed 'I am in considerable pain mum' screams. Every time I picked her up she stopped however. New to guineas I was very concerned so one Sunday morning after another episode I rushed her to the emergency vet, in tears expecting the worse. They x rayed her, did ultra sound were very thorough and could not find a thing wrong, she just sat there and ate grass. We came to the conclusion she was just annoyed at her new 'husboar' getting all the attention. After a few days of ignoring her she never did it again! The vets never forgot the 'Diva'!

Another boy I had was being examined by the vet, his carry box was on the table, after she let him go he nonchalantly walked up to me, gave me a nip on my hand and wondered into his carry case, turned around and gave me the stink eye. The vet was in stitches!

They are so funny aren't they!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back