• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Is 35 By 75 Cm Cage Good Enough For 2 Guiea Pigs

That is much too small for even one piggy, unfortunately. Here's the forum's helpful cage size guide for you:
Cage Size Guide
Two girls would need at least 75 x 152cm or so (a 2x4 grid C&C cage) and two males would need at least a 2x5 grid C&C or roughly 75 x 210cm. Sorry if my measurements are strange, I'm converting from inches. :lol:
I personally have a 2x6 grid C&C for my two boars, and have already bought more grids and correx to add on another 2x3 grid section at least, as I've found guinea pigs to be very active animals who need a ton of space to roam.
The more room you can possibly give guinea pigs, the better, but if you can't swing the minimum cage sizes then you probably shouldn't have guinea pigs until you can.

That is much too small for even one piggy, unfortunately. Here's the forum's helpful cage size guide for you:
Cage Size Guide
Two girls would need at least 75 x 152cm or so (a 2x4 grid C&C cage) and two males would need at least a 2x5 grid C&C or roughly 75 x 210cm. Sorry if my measurements are strange, I'm converting from inches. :lol:
I personally have a 2x6 grid C&C for my two boars, and have already bought more grids and correx to add on another 2x3 grid section at least, as I've found guinea pigs to be very active animals who need a ton of space to roam.
The more room you can possibly give guinea pigs, the better, but if you can't swing the minimum cage sizes then you probably shouldn't have guinea pigs until you can.
Thanks,I'm going to build 2nd floor

sometimes a second floor is not appreciated as much as a large first floor. How large is the room available? I have my two piggies next to my sofa and there are only 130cmx80. I have built a handmade cage, I spent little money and piggies are fine...
You can build also a cage shape L
How large is your room? can you move some furniture? if you want to share some picture we can help you and give you some idea :)
this is my cage and it is enough for two piggies (female)
100_6974.JPG

A second floor on that size cage is still too small. The cage still needs to be a minimum of 120cm long to start with. Second floor or not.

The measurements sound small for a hamster and much too small for a guinea oig. They need to be able to run and jump and they are herd animals and do much better with company of their own kind.

Sounds like you are handy if you are building a cage, perhaps you could make a hidey hluse and buy a pupoy pen to go round it thus making lots of space for them to play.

HQ PET Metal Dog Playpen - Small - The Sports HQ

Are the measurements in cms or inches. I’m afraid if they are cms then your cage is far too small even for one piggy.

Back