• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Is my piggie gonna be okay?

MinaShiner24

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I just lost my guinea pig , Rocket, today and my other piggie, Neveen, lived in the same pen as Rocket. Neveen seems very sad, and he is just staying in the corner that Rocket passed at. I changed the bedding, but he still went to that corner. He cuddled me a lot, is he going to be okay? They were together for almost a year, and seemed very cuddly before Rocket's passing. Both were males. So I don't think I can get a new piggie for him to live with. Please help me.

So sorry for your loss.

Your best bet would be to take him to a rescue where he can choose his own friend and they will also help with the bonding.

So sorry for your loss.

Your best bet would be to take him to a rescue where he can choose his own friend and they will also help with the bonding.
Thank you so much. I appreciate it

Hi! I am very sorry for your loss. You are welcome to post a tribute to your Rocket in our Rainbow Bridge section if you'd like to.

Please take the time to read this guide here. It covers what you can do for Neveen now, what you need to look out for and in the longer term.

The best way for bereaved piggies is to let them choose any new friend by dating them at a rescue that offers this service once they are coming out of deep mourning (usually after a few days unless they are one of those piggies that are just carrying on, but can still get depressed from lack of stimulation in the longer term). If Neveen stops eating, then that counts as acute pining and needs addressing asap as discussed in the guide. The guide also contains links to recommended rescues in various countries.
Please be aware that not every piggy will click with another, even if they are desperate for company.
Looking After A Bereaved Guinea Pig

Do sorry for your loss.
You and Neveen both need some time to grieve.
You have been given good advice on finding a companion for him so I hope that you will be able to find a suitable piggy friend soon

Back