• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Is she a girl?

GeorgiaHarris

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’ve never had female piggies before but I recently got two, one I’m certain is a girl but the other is confusing me a bit, one time I look and I think girl but then sometimes I doubt whether or not she is. I was told she was about 3 months old and she very small (500g) so I cant really tell. As I said I’ve not had girls before and I just want to double check. I also noticed a small amount of yellowish crust on her genital area and it looks like there may be something in it or below does anyone know what this is.
ThanksBFFB961D-18B9-41CE-9539-05839A360E23.jpeg2C88F893-D03F-42D2-ABA8-CE5CC999BDC4.jpeg

I’ve never had female piggies before but I recently got two, one I’m certain is a girl but the other is confusing me a bit, one time I look and I think girl but then sometimes I doubt whether or not she is. I was told she was about 3 months old and she very small (500g) so I cant really tell. As I said I’ve not had girls before and I just want to double check. I also noticed a small amount of yellowish crust on her genital area and it looks like there may be something in it or below does anyone know what this is.
ThanksView attachment 113140View attachment 113141

Hi! Yes you have a girl with a nice fleshy seal that is only open when your girl is in season.
Please compare with the pictures in our guide: Sexing Guide

Back