• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Itrafungol Use

Ben13

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m new to the forum and was hoping to get some advice. My 4 year old boar Smudge has suffered from ringworm about a year ago. Over the weekend he has started exhibiting a few symptoms that make us think it may have returned (trying to groom/bite at the area & sensitive to touch) there’s no hair loss yet.
We still have a large quantity of Itrafungol left over but wanted to find out if this can go out of date. Would really appreciate your help. Thank you

I'm sure it says on the bottle that it shouldn't be used after 5 weeks after being opened.

I think I would get him Vet checked to make sure it’s the same problem and not something else. If it is fungal you could ask the vet if you can use the old intrafungol or whether it has gone out of date. If it is fungal and it’s still in date then you can save a few pennies by using it.

Hi all, I’m new to the forum and was hoping to get some advice. My 4 year old boar Smudge has suffered from ringworm about a year ago. Over the weekend he has started exhibiting a few symptoms that make us think it may have returned (trying to groom/bite at the area & sensitive to touch) there’s no hair loss yet.
We still have a large quantity of Itrafungol left over but wanted to find out if this can go out of date. Would really appreciate your help. Thank you

It should say on the bottle.

Back