• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Let The Cleaning Begin

Mother Hubbard

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
So after a mammoth cleaning out hutches day...4hrs later because I had previously ran out of aubiose and the wood shavings really don't hold out well. A good sweeping, disinfecting and airing out, I turned my attention to the water bottles...

good old faithful rice does the trick every time...
and this was just a few of the bottles half way through.
IMG_1237.JPG

And what a lovely day it was today :)
Did you manage to get some more Aubiose?

My local equine place, where I got mine from ran out ! They placed a new order a month ago and it still hasn’t got there! I have to get miscanthus bedding instead (or I suppose I could have got shavings), which is a bit prickly :-(

And what a lovely day it was today :)
Did you manage to get some more Aubiose?

I know the sun was shining so brightly today and it was perfect for a big clean including the storage unit got a sort out too.
Luckily I had bought some aubiose a week ago and left in the work warehouse and remembered to bring it home Friday - phew. I'm grateful the farm always seems to have enough supplies.

My local equine place, where I got mine from ran out ! They placed a new order a month ago and it still hasn’t got there! I have to get miscanthus bedding instead (or I suppose I could have got shavings), which is a bit prickly :-(

Crikey...I don't know what miscanthus bedding is, I guess a similar product?

Reactions: Tim
Crikey...I don't know what miscanthus bedding is, I guess a similar product?
Yeah, essentially it’s the same thing, but from a different plant (elephant grass) but it’s a bit spikier and I find it’s not as easy to work with; it doesn’t clump quite as well, but it’ll do the job and I just have my fingers crossed that by the time I need a new bale, Aubiose will be back in stock!

Do have a look for Aubichick as an alternative.....I started using it when my local supplier of Ausiose didn't have any in stock, but had Aubichick instead. It is made by the same company and is exactly the same but smaller pieces...it is softer and so far has been great....Plus it's considerably cheaper! May be easier to source as it is used a lot by hen keepers (I get mine from the local garden centre) :)

Back