• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lethal Pig or just blind?

happyrain

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Two weeks ago I adopted two guinea girls from someone who had an accidental breeding, and one of the girls I got is a sweet white piggy named Dolly. She is around 4 months old, has only 1 eye (but is completely blind), and only has one tooth she got trimmed at the vet.

Is she a lethal guinea pig? I just found out about them by chance because of the youtube channel LA Guinea Pig Rescue, and it's a little worrisome. Of course, I would not return her for the world, shes such a precious girl. She's adventurous, curious, she eats like a horse (although a little more slowly than her older companion), and she can drink water on her own.

Is it possible she's just an albino pig with blindness? I've seen her wheek in response to hearing a bag crinkle (but only a few times-- they couldve just happened by chance) and she's not timid at all! Or is it that she's a higher functioning lethal pig? From what it seems I've read, lethal pigs are deaf and blind and have difficulty eating on their own. Is this true in all cases?

Thank you for reading this far!

Claire W

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
Hi, do you have a photo as lethal pigs generally have smaller eyes than normal pigs. There’s no such thing as albino pigs, they’re pink eyes whites are PEWs for short.

@furryfriends (TEAS) runs a sanctuary for guinea pigs with special needs and has quite a few lethal pigs so will be able to advise further x

happyrain

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, do you have a photo as lethal pigs generally have smaller eyes than normal pigs. There’s no such thing as albino pigs, they’re pink eyes whites are PEWs for short.

@furryfriends (TEAS) runs a sanctuary for guinea pigs with special needs and has quite a few lethal pigs so will be able to advise further x

Here she is! :] Thanks for the info on PEWs

9A03EA9D-3476-47F8-91BF-9BA37756443A.jpegC0E272E1-1253-4BF5-9C45-6574D7517990.jpeg