• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

"Lettuce" tell you the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww Kelly I thought I was doing right, but being here has taught me loads and variety is the spice of life.

Poor Bart, thats awful. :(

I think the key is variety and not giving one thing too often, rather than the amount they get. mine get about a medium carrot between 2 each week, with celery i cut it accross rather than in sticks and they get one chops worth between two lol! what is it that actually causes white wee? i know its calcium i just mean what kind of foods? is it parsley? what else lol?! none of mine have it apart from Maggie and she eats the same as the rest 98) x

Thnks for that! right must be the parsley then, they dont get spinach or kale. aw i only give it about twice a week, she'll miss a treat! x

I love those charts, I used the Guinea Lynx one for the calcium, very handy indeed!

By the way Tesco have broccoli for 44p and green beans for 44p. Melon is buy one get one free and spring greens are 50p for a big bag! Urgh they are all stuff we should feed in moderation! But still a bargain if you want to give a treat. :)

Mine love spinach but only a few leaves, I hate it, it stinks! :D

Mine loved spinach but i thought Bee had diabetes at one point, nothing to do with the spinach but i just got it in my head it was lol, they havent had it since! how often can you give corriander? i cant find it on the list.

Dont panic Clare, i think its normal for a bit of powder to be left, well perter gurney says it is, just not huge white stains on the bedding, if they are try to cut down on calcium :) x

By the way look at the black and white sheltie in the avatar above the chart! its the image of my Panda! x

White pee is normal but you should start adjusting diets if there's a gritty residue left behind when a spot dries out.

Coriander (Americans call it cilantro) can be fed almost daily. It's great stuff, pity it's so pricy!

Blimey, I can't withdraw romaine from my boys - I'd have a piggy mutiny on my hands! They love it - when they've been poorly its the only thing they will eat along with grass and dandy leaves.

Ours have celery, carrot, cucumber, sometimes apple, tomato and romaine most days - but only a bit of each. Occasionally they get kale, cabbage or spinach. We also pick dandy leaves sometimes for a treat or if they are off their food.

Thanks DSL, i'll give parsley twice a week and corriander the other days, think that would be ok? x

ok panicky piggy mum here.... after i claen up after floor time there is often white dusty bits left on the floor (laminate flloring) that has soaked thru the old duvet cover i use for them to run.poop all over...... is that normal or no?

I dont think loads is normally but its not a serious illness dont worry! Its just there's a lot of calcium in their wee, try doing what I'm going to do, give parsley once or twice a week and corriander the other days if you can? x

stress.gif

I didn't know before this thread to much parsely was bad for them as it was top of the shopping list. My piggies don't eat many veg so have been giving them quiet a bit of parsely and no white wee! Can I ask there are so many things we shouldn't be giving them all the time so what do you give them? ^-^

you can give them lots of things, just in variety and moderation, one day you could feed spring greens, carrot, tomato, corriander, slice of apple and then the next day cucumber, lettuce, basil, pepper, celery :) :)

Yep, like maisynpoppy says, you don't feed the same thing every day. Variety is the key. You also don't need white wee to get bladder stones so don't assume that because their pee isn't white they won't get bladder problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back