• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Lilly, Minnie & Toffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toffeewoffee

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well, let me introduce you all to my troublesom trio.

We started off buying 2 " Female" GP's, (they were our very 1st Gp's, pet shop bought) We called them Honey & Lilly took them to the local vet to check they were ok etc, the vet said "Lilly, thats a funny name for a boy, we replied and said oh no its a girl, then the vet said no this is a male and showed us why, and she said Honey is pregnat! So we booked him straight in to be nuetered, which happened on December 23rd 2008, and on 7th January 2009 we got home from work and 3 little babies sit there next to mum in the cage, i was so excited, but we then had to rush to my OH's dads to get a spare cage as Lilly could still be fertile and put him in the cage right next to Honey & the babies, 2 days later we went on holiday so took the 2 cages over to my OH's dad's, (they also keep GP's) sadly one of the babies died whilst we were on holiday. When we got back we decided to call them we called them Millie, Minnie(as she was the same colours and markings as mum) & little Lilly (as s/he was the same as Lilly) Little Lilly was the one who passed away when we were on holiday. But anywhoo the name Lilly has stuck and he is still called Lilly to this day, i dont think he minds much!

Sadly last year we lost Honey & Millie on 2 consecutive days, i'd rather not talk about this though as i still get very upset over it.

Here they all are though.

These are when we first got them. (October 2008) (Babies Born January 2009)

Our Gorgeous Honey, (Mummy to Milly & Minnie) since passed to the bridge

021.jpg

258.jpg

Lilly (daddy)

259.jpg

Any Apples in here.......

305.jpg

Millie, who sadly passed away, in her favourite tube

302.jpg

Minnie who is as small as she looks, another reason for calling her Minnie.

422.jpg

Then we have our most recent addition, Tofee, Toffee woffee for long!

Well, me and martyn went for a ride out to Great Yarmouth, went round the market and in a few shops, had lunch out then on our way home we stopped off at pets at home, naturally we peaked at the guinea pigs etc and sitting there amongst a few other guinea pigs was my little toffee woffee! Some of you may know i have been wanting a ginger piggie for a while, so i had to have her. We were hoping to re-home one but they were always boys! She is all ginger with red eyes and she is tiny!

SUC55694.jpg

Hope you all Enjoy, sorry aboput the blabbering, but thought it best to start from the beginning so you know our story. xx

hi there and welcome, what a lovely but sad story.

Your pigs are beautiful x

ps/ loving the name situation!

Gorgeous pictures :)

How funny about Lilly! He looks man enough to pull off the name anyway.

Sorry about your babies and Honey. Sweet dreams little girls x

What beautiful piggles x) I'm so sorry to hear about the piggies that you lost. x

I am sorry that you lost one baby and mum and daughter so close to each other. They were a lovely family with their striking markings and you must miss them very much!

I have a ginger girl with pink eyes like Toffee woffee - she's called Hafina (from the Welsh word for summer) and was found dumped on somebody's doorstep in full sun on a hot day last summer.

As most older members know, I have a rather soft spot for ginger piggies myself!

Thanks for all your kind words, it was a very awful 2 days and few weeks after to be honest. It happened in August last year at the end of a holiday which they came on with us!

I am sorry that you lost one baby and mum and daughter so close to each other. They were a lovely family with their striking markings and you must miss them very much!

I have a ginger girl with pink eyes like Toffee woffee - she's called Hafina (from the Welsh word for summer) and was found dumped on somebody's doorstep in full sun on a hot day last summer.

As most older members know, I have a rather soft spot for ginger piggies myself!

She is adorable! Poor little thing, i do not see how anyone can just dump a animal anywhere. Its like looking into the future, shes gorgeous!

Awww they were such a lovely family x) sorry to hear about mummy and daughter x
Toffee is lovely too x)

very cute piggies, I am sorry for the ones you lost.

Love the photo with Stitch! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back