• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Lino Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guineapigfeet

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm at the point of being ready to lay lino in my pig-shed but I'm not sure how to go about it.
We'll be using a sheet, so no gaps, and thinking double sided carpet tape to secure, but the walls are double-framed which will make it a bit harder.

Would you just lay it on the floor (I'd be worried about leakage round the edges, especially in the corners) or just up onto the batons? Or up the walls, and if so, how far up would you go?

Any tips appreciated !

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Probably a bit late for you now but when I laid lino in my rabbits playhouse I put the lino on the base and then attached the walls so it was secured all the way around. If you've already built it I'd say attach to floor (think going up batons might be a bit tricky but if you are super handy at diy could be do-able) and glue in place. Could also nail some beading around the edges to make sure they don't curl up.

If its there to stay and you want a super watertite floor, what about painting the floor with tar paint and lay the lino on top
lt will not totaly dry , but it will be waterproof and the floor should last foerver

Everproof DPM 5 Litre (Black Jack)B...
£11.99
sealantsonline.co....

The walls are most definitly attached! Will have a look at beading... I'll probably draw a scale mock-up of the net pattern (it'll feel like I'm back at school!) and see if I *could* make lino-ing the batons work

How about using silicone sealer around the edge to seal any gaps?

My hubby is a plumber and that is exactly what we did when we Lino lined the hutches in the garage in readiness for the girls. However, the girls managed to wheedle their way into the dining room and have never used their beautifully lined hutch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back