• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How many piggies do you own?

• None yet!

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • One:(

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • two

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • three

• four

• five

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • six

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More!

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Want to see what others like about owning guinea pigs:) I might use this to convince my parents. Photos welcomed!

I have two piggies, Fern and Caramel, and they are the sweetest, cutest girls ever! They make such good company, and are always up for a cuddle!

Attachments

• CFBA939E-6245-4A0F-959F-5AB58CE79926.jpeg
    CFBA939E-6245-4A0F-959F-5AB58CE79926.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 4
  • A84C98EE-7288-47CD-AF74-7C7AF3F37EE5.jpeg
    A84C98EE-7288-47CD-AF74-7C7AF3F37EE5.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 009404BD-D61D-4794-9823-3A3E807A7CB9.jpeg
    009404BD-D61D-4794-9823-3A3E807A7CB9.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 0D6AF9B4-8DE8-4C9A-8595-AC0B4809D474.jpeg
    0D6AF9B4-8DE8-4C9A-8595-AC0B4809D474.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 4
  • C3578238-5E3E-4D51-BB94-74479D88D1DA.jpeg
    C3578238-5E3E-4D51-BB94-74479D88D1DA.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 4
  • EC182238-DB26-432B-8CB4-DC54EECE912E.jpeg
    EC182238-DB26-432B-8CB4-DC54EECE912E.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 5
I don't have any photos but owning guinea pigs is like having a baby. They're so sweet and affectionate and have the most amazing personalities! But, be warned, you won't have your precious baby till you die. Owning a guinea pig is more difficult then many others think though. Just be warned it might break your heart when they die.

Here’s my 3 girls - Jemimah, Priscilla and Phoebe.
They are funny, have a fascinating social structure.
They love the simple things in life like a bag of hay to play in.
They are cute, and good listeners after a long day.
Unconditional love, responsibility- there are so many reasons why I love my piggies

Attachments

• 1605A47F-F24D-4F45-BC4E-56034CEC83C0.jpeg
    1605A47F-F24D-4F45-BC4E-56034CEC83C0.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 4
I could waffle on for hours about my lot so i'll keep it brief.

Leonard: He makes me laugh, he's so incredibly silly sometimes. I love how brave, stoic and resilient he is, he is currently on palliative care but he is not letting it slow him down whatsoever, he may be very unwell but it feels like he will outlive the rest of us.
DSCN0550.JPG

Left to right is Pippin, Ebony and Bailey: I also love how brave Pippin is, she's in a new home with new sights, smells and a new friend but she has taken over the cage and terrorising the village! I love Ebony for her gentle nature, for being the companion to my beloved Bramble for the last 18 months or so of her life and giving her comfort and someone to boss around. I love how she gets along with anyone, for showing my late piggies Treacle and Cinnamon that other pigs were not scary, for just taking those who need her under her wing and caring for them. She's an absolute sweetheart. I'm still getting to know Bailey, she is a lot more timid than her sister Pippin, but I love that she is such a gentle little sausage, she also makes me laugh running away from her own shadow. She also has a little face to die for!
DSCN0303.JPG

Shelly (Leonards sister): I love her complete no nonsense attitude, she is a wonderful leader and, mostly, keeps the herd in order. She is kind and gentle to the younger pigs and authoritative without being overbearing with her second and third in command. The bond I have with her was hard fought for, being 1/4 cuy she was skittish and stroppy for quite a while, but slowly she began to trust me, especially after she had a nasty reaction to baytril and I struggled to keep her alive over night. We came to a mutual understanding that involves copious amounts of chin tickles and tickles.
Ivory: I love Ivory simply for being Ivory, shes a giant of a lump who loves nothing more than a cuddle. Shes not the sharpest penny in the picnic but she's second in command and adores the youngsters, but her main love is Shelly, they're always together and I love her loyalty, they are total partners in crime. She also has one of the sweetest little faces i've ever seen, with her bug eyes that are the most beautiful colour.
DSCN0508 (2).JPG

Delilah: I love how smart she is, I put the herd in the bath when cleaning them out and her favourite thing to do is to take the plug out and put it back in. She's really quite good at shape puzzles. She's also a complete snuggle bug, she acts aloof but as soon as you pick her up she will snuggle right into you. I love how highly she thinks of herself, her attitude is hilarious and she has ideals to take over the herd, Ivory regularly ends up scuffling with her, but not too seriously, as soon as it's over they're suddenly best friends. When Ivory isnt at Shellys side she is snuggled up with Delilah. (Slightly shallow reason but I also love her crest!)
DSCN8715.JPG

Daisy: I love how playful and completely crazy she is. She has absolutely no interest in guinea pig politics and is happy in her place at the bottom of the herd, she spends her days obliviously happy and carefree running around getting under everyones feet. I love how striking she looks, her silly habits of throwing her head in the air and practically jumping into my arms when she wants to be held.
9 (3).JPG

Misty: I love Mistys fearlessness, from the very start she has bitten, stomped and kicked off at me at every opportunity (although we're getting better with that) but she has absolutely no idea how small she is, she very much believes she's the size of a cow or something the way she throws herself around! I love how in spite of that attitude, she trusts me enough to know that when I clean out the cyst/abscess she has in her ear from a neglected bite as a newborn it is for her own good. She has a distinctive 'very well, get it over with' look, that is hard to describe but I trust her completely not to bite me until it's all over.
DSCN8721.JPG

Pumpkin: I love how sneaky she is, on the surface she is kind and gentle but when she's in season she has plans for world domination! She will trundle into the back end of another pig and immediately dart off for some other poor pig to take the blame. She has an adorable 'older sister' relationship with her sister Panda, who she torments no end, but will defend to the last if anyone else messes with her. She is just such a cheeky, funny little character.
DSCN0484 (2).JPG

Panda: Last but not least we have Panda, or Pandamonium as she is better known. I love just how 'Panda' she is. She is chaos on legs and if there is squealing going on, it will be her. You can hear her from downstairs charging around and getting into mischief, I love the excitable, energetic little bundle of energy that she is.
3 (2).JPG

In short, if you want pets who are individual little monkeys, will make you laugh, keep you on your toes and love the bones of you once you earn their trust...get guinea pigs. There's nothing like them.

I could waffle on for hours about my lot so i'll keep it brief.

Leonard: He makes me laugh, he's so incredibly silly sometimes. I love how brave, stoic and resilient he is, he is currently on palliative care but he is not letting it slow him down whatsoever, he may be very unwell but it feels like he will outlive the rest of us.
View attachment 112459

Left to right is Pippin, Ebony and Bailey: I also love how brave Pippin is, she's in a new home with new sights, smells and a new friend but she has taken over the cage and terrorising the village! I love Ebony for her gentle nature, for being the companion to my beloved Bramble for the last 18 months or so of her life and giving her comfort and someone to boss around. I love how she gets along with anyone, for showing my late piggies Treacle and Cinnamon that other pigs were not scary, for just taking those who need her under her wing and caring for them. She's an absolute sweetheart. I'm still getting to know Bailey, she is a lot more timid than her sister Pippin, but I love that she is such a gentle little sausage, she also makes me laugh running away from her own shadow. She also has a little face to die for!
View attachment 112460

Shelly (Leonards sister): I love her complete no nonsense attitude, she is a wonderful leader and, mostly, keeps the herd in order. She is kind and gentle to the younger pigs and authoritative without being overbearing with her second and third in command. The bond I have with her was hard fought for, being 1/4 cuy she was skittish and stroppy for quite a while, but slowly she began to trust me, especially after she had a nasty reaction to baytril and I struggled to keep her alive over night. We came to a mutual understanding that involves copious amounts of chin tickles and tickles.
Ivory: I love Ivory simply for being Ivory, shes a giant of a lump who loves nothing more than a cuddle. Shes not the sharpest penny in the picnic but she's second in command and adores the youngsters, but her main love is Shelly, they're always together and I love her loyalty, they are total partners in crime. She also has one of the sweetest little faces i've ever seen, with her bug eyes that are the most beautiful colour.
View attachment 112464

Delilah: I love how smart she is, I put the herd in the bath when cleaning them out and her favourite thing to do is to take the plug out and put it back in. She's really quite good at shape puzzles. She's also a complete snuggle bug, she acts aloof but as soon as you pick her up she will snuggle right into you. I love how highly she thinks of herself, her attitude is hilarious and she has ideals to take over the herd, Ivory regularly ends up scuffling with her, but not too seriously, as soon as it's over they're suddenly best friends. When Ivory isnt at Shellys side she is snuggled up with Delilah. (Slightly shallow reason but I also love her crest!)
View attachment 112465

Daisy: I love how playful and completely crazy she is. She has absolutely no interest in guinea pig politics and is happy in her place at the bottom of the herd, she spends her days obliviously happy and carefree running around getting under everyones feet. I love how striking she looks, her silly habits of throwing her head in the air and practically jumping into my arms when she wants to be held.
View attachment 112466

Misty: I love Mistys fearlessness, from the very start she has bitten, stomped and kicked off at me at every opportunity (although we're getting better with that) but she has absolutely no idea how small she is, she very much believes she's the size of a cow or something the way she throws herself around! I love how in spite of that attitude, she trusts me enough to know that when I clean out the cyst/abscess she has in her ear from a neglected bite as a newborn it is for her own good. She has a distinctive 'very well, get it over with' look, that is hard to describe but I trust her completely not to bite me until it's all over.
View attachment 112467

Pumpkin: I love how sneaky she is, on the surface she is kind and gentle but when she's in season she has plans for world domination! She will trundle into the back end of another pig and immediately dart off for some other poor pig to take the blame. She has an adorable 'older sister' relationship with her sister Panda, who she torments no end, but will defend to the last if anyone else messes with her. She is just such a cheeky, funny little character.
View attachment 112468

Panda: Last but not least we have Panda, or Pandamonium as she is better known. I love just how 'Panda' she is. She is chaos on legs and if there is squealing going on, it will be her. You can hear her from downstairs charging around and getting into mischief, I love the excitable, energetic little bundle of energy that she is.
View attachment 112469

In short, if you want pets who are individual little monkeys, will make you laugh, keep you on your toes and love the bones of you once you earn their trust...get guinea pigs. There's nothing like them.
It’s really lovely to see your whole herd in one go and be reminded of their personalities.
I love your piggies

Aw, they are all gorgeous, I love all the different colours too x

Aw wow lovely to see everyones posts.... I have Meic and Roi two welsh Boars. Roi doesn't give a monkeys just wonders around even if I am above him he won't give up his food. Meic is still really shy but once he's getting cuddles he loves it. They both enjoy finding areas that are not pee proof and walk straight through it. They are about six months old and I'm looking forwards to move of their personallities come through. I'm completely in love with them and really enjoy making new runs for them everyday

Back