Loads of random pigtures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doeylicious

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
After finding out on here you can digital scales brilliantly cheaply in Argos, I bought some yesterday and tonight weighed all the pigs. What a good excuse for some pigtures!

Hmm, not quite big enough for Whiskeys..

IMG_3046.jpg

Ah that's better!

IMG_3047.jpg

Inspired by Wiebke's lovely flowery photos

IMG_3048.jpg

My sister thought weighing them made it look like we were going to cook them...so she decided to season Pixie...!

IMG_3065.jpg

The Gumtree Guineas, aka JoJo's new wives, aka Snickers...

IMG_3072.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

And Bounty

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

Cont...

Doeylicious

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Both were very skitty when we got them but are calming down a lot now. I was told they were 9 months old, but Bounty weighs less than Honey whose only 4-5 months so doubt it now unless they ate very little!

Bumble, my second heaviest pig, probably needs an even bigger bowl!

IMG_3067.jpg

JoJo, my previously asbo piggy, moved in with his two wifeys this weekend and is much less asbo-y!

IMG_3069.jpg

And some pics of the new superhutch (proud of my DIY work!)

IMG_3058.jpg

Blockage on the ramp!

IMG_3053.jpg

Tulip and Honey have bagged the loft space

IMG_3051.jpg

And the older girls are happier downstairs

IMG_3059.jpg

All these photos make you hungry...

IMG_3092.jpg

Hope you liked them!

Sadly Cherry was not keen on the camera today :(

Reaction score
great photos! no surprise for me as i'm boar mad, so i love, love, love your boar piccies!

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Awwwwwwww fabulous photos! x) I love the scales and hutch too...I'm getting myself those scales from argos this weekend :)) hehe!

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Too cute! I love the the various themes!

Reaction score
Awww love your piggies x) made me laugh at the fuzzy one in the scales... you wouldnt think that was a piggy :)).. lovin your ramp in the hutch...great hutch set ups -c

thanx for sharing :)

Esther x

Doeylicious

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you all :)) I think they are beautiful too but I may be a bit biased, haha!

Awwwwwwww fabulous photos! x) I love the scales and hutch too...I'm getting myself those scales from argos this weekend :)) hehe!

They are brilliant scales, for £6.99 I was a bit dubious but they are really good and easy to read, can't believe I faffed about with old fashioned needle ones for so long, digital is the way forward! The bowl didn't come with them though, I pinched that from the kitchen.

fab piggies how many in total? and how much per week to look after?

I have 11 now - was meant to stop at 8, but Honey had a surprise for us, then I saw the Gumtree ones and have always wanted an abby but never had one and they were living with rabbits and I wasn't having that!)

As for how much, not really thought about it tbh. I know I use a bale of paper every 2 weeks and thats just under £7, bale of hay around 2-3 weeks and that's £7.50 at the moment, and feed, well the Gerty giant bags last me a good 5 weeks or so and they are £25, also currently have P@H nuggets that are the same timeframe and £18. So an average of about £17 I guess? I am changing them to allen and page feed tho at a more pocket friendly £12 a bag!

Awww love your piggies x) made me laugh at the fuzzy one in the scales... you wouldnt think that was a piggy :)).. lovin your ramp in the hutch...great hutch set ups -c

thanx for sharing :)

Esther x

Thanks, I am very proud of the hutch/ramp arrangement. I have never liked shop bought ramp hutches, so making my own when I needed more space seemed the best option!

Someone else asked me if Bumble was a rabbit with no ears :{

Status
Not open for further replies.