1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. With Warm Weather predicted in the UK - Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. WARNING - Hot weather can kill piggies. Please read our information on heat stroke and what to do to prevent it here.
    Dismiss Notice

Member Gallery: C&C cages/homemade cages

Discussion in 'Housing and Enrichment' started by daftscotslass, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Crystella

Forum Donator 2016/17

just hit the report button and pop the reason in and the mods will sort out moving it @timmypiggy

2. BossHogg

BossHogg Administrator
    Staff Member

Or a house trained ban hammer for hire who happens to be awake at stupid o'clock! :yikes:

3. helloitsbecca

helloitsbecca Junior Guinea Pig

IMG_0169.JPG

Extended the boys to a 2x5 :D had enough materials left from building the 2x4 and they had started bickering so I decided to extend to hopefully avoid a falling out. The coroplast base is a mess as i had to tape bits together because I didn't have the right size of coroplast left but it does the job until I can buy new coroplast. Was originally going to purchase a new 2x6 but the 2x5 is bigger than I thought, so we will see how it goes. It saves me some money anyway.

4. Girl Afraid

Girl Afraid Junior Guinea Pig

This is Noel and Liams rock star pad before they moved in and made it their own ;) ;) ;) 13062186_10207992048091685_6590303311043050018_n.jpg

5. Pigaroo

Pigaroo Junior Guinea Pig

Last night the coroplast finally arrived, so I was able to put together my girls' new and improved 2x5 cage! And I'm testing out non-fleece bedding under the hay to see if it's easier to tidy up. So far the answer is a definite yes!

Thistle and Clover are in hiding, but you can see Flor's sweet little face peeking out of their tunnel :luv:

[​IMG]

6. lailajayne3

lailajayne3 Junior Guinea Pig

This is my piggy cage, we have recently extended it as I'm adopting two more piggies to bond with my pair :love: Its about 2.3m x 1.2m (although it is shorter at the end with the litter tray in)

I'm hoping the pics work!

piggy cage 3.JPG . piggy cage 1.JPG piggy cage 2.JPG

7. Flutterby

Forum Donator 2016/17

Wow looks great!

lailajayne3 likes this.
  8. lailajayne3

Aw, thank you!

9. eileen

Forum Donator 2016/17

i have a 6x2 stacking cage and i have alot of diffuculty cleaning it out that i resorted to subtrate bedding in the lower cage,but ive seen you have put yours on a small table,that is a great solution !

10. Girl Afraid

Yeah i had to have it higher up so i could clean it out better as i have Fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis it was agony doing it on the floor, the boys seems happier also, Liam was very skittish when i ever i walked past him on the floor but been on my level seems to really work for him he greets me with a kiss at the door now. I use shavings on the bottom tier and just puppy pads with hay on the top, so much easier :) :) :)

eileen likes this.
  11. acapae

acapae Junior Guinea Pig

Perran and Ruan's current 4x2 layout. The small plastic litter tray is where I put their fresh food, as the diagonal means they can both eat together side-by-side. And their dry food bowl is just out of shot in the near corner.
    [​IMG]

Closeup of their new giant bedbox. The smaller box is where they like to hang out to eat and poo, and Perran also likes to sit under the wicker flap thing (Ruan prefers under the plastic stool).
    [​IMG]

12. GinaG

GinaG Junior Guinea Pig

Just upgraded the girls to a 2x4 with a 2x1 loft and they love it, lots of that bubbling noise they make when they're exploring, plenty of room for hay toys but also for zooming round the race track on the outside

IMG_1555.JPG

IMG_1556.JPG

GPcrazy, piggieminder, Tim and 4 others like this.
  13. Flutterby

Forum Donator 2016/17

Love seeing everyone's lovely setups :)

Dorothy&Coco likes this.
  14. JulieG

JulieG Junior Guinea Pig

Does anyone use the c&c grids without the correx? Having to change my set up due to house move and sadly gone from 3 to 2 piggies recently. I currently have the largest of the Ferplast indoor cottage with an additional small run attached at the front (c&c grids lined with a fleece blanket) but the gps mainly stay inside the hutch. I've got a square space in the new house (approx 115cm X 85cm) so was thinking of a big c&c grid lined again with fleece with the addition of a couple of Hop Inn tunnels (one for sleeping and one filled with hay) with water and feeding bowls in the space. I want to keep it flexible so I can extend the grid when possible (hence wanting to do it without correx).
    Will layers of fleece (I have Ziggy's Piggies fleeces) work without correx underneath or should I play safe and add the correx?!
    Any thoughts and advice on a flexible single level living space for 2 piggies very welcome :)

Tiamolly123 likes this.
  15. Girl Afraid

I have put a waterproof picnic blanket under Noel and Liams bedding in their C&C cage for warmth and to protect the correx a bit, i don't know if that would work for you, i just hose it off every week and swap with the other one till it dries. You can see it on my pic earlier on in this thread you could still put the fleeceys on top of that (but i turn it over to the waterproof side facing up now) Hope that helps.

eileen, Tiamolly123 and JulieG like this.
  16. Flamestriker

Forum Donator 2016/17

image.jpeg image.jpeg The 3x2 C&C cage arrived today...making the dage now 8x2

I have set it up, but the 3x2 part is separated for Snowy when he gets the all clear from the vet (appointment is Sunday) because he is still. Quarantine.

I couldn't take the full cage in one go, sorry everyone. Pleas excuse the mess, as I have a lot to sort out (again).

17. Gem789

Gem789 Adult Guinea Pig

Can I just ask where you got all your lovely pink cosies and fleece etc, I'd love a pink themed cage for my 4 girls :)

lailajayne3 likes this.
  18. lailajayne3

Sure! The pink and white dotty fleece is from Matalan (think it was £5) and the pink floral fleece is from Asda. The bigger tunnels, pee pads and pink and white heart house is from a company called Fleece Cages (she has a fb page) and the pink tunnel in the middle is from The Cosy Hut on Etsy. The little cuddle cup in the corner is from Stephs piggiee paradise and the natural bits are from the hay experts and pets at home xx

19. Gem789

Gem789 Adult Guinea Pig

Thanks a lot, I'll have a look to see if they still sell them.Your cage looks great.

lailajayne3 likes this.
  20. Rosanna Kapur

Rosanna Kapur Junior Guinea Pig

Hi. Has anyone converted the space under the stairs in a house into a pigie den?