• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Mites? What to do!?

I think we have to buy it ourselves

check everything with the vet. Normally the vets will give the medication to you with a label detailing what to do.
You really need to start treatment ASAP though as the skin looks quite sore.

Ummm for I contact the vet

Did they give you a prescription for the revolution and you were meant to collect it from somewhere? Or did they give you the revolution? When did they say you should apply it?

The told us to just get revolution from some where

I would ring the vet and see if they can prescribe it so you get it from them. I find that very odd that they prescribed baytril but wouldn’t give you revolution. Did they tell you where you can get it?

Yeah Amazon or chewy

I’ve not heard of vets prescribing a treatment and telling you to get it yourself, particularly if they’ve given you prescribed and dispensed you Baytril. Are they both on Baytril? How much and for how long? .

I'm supposed to syringe them baytril for 14 days and apply the revolution 1 a month

0.6 ml a day and it's to help the skin repair

Per guinea pig

I think you need to speak to the vets to ask them to prescribe and dispense you anti mite treatment and clarify the treatment intervals, as once a month won’t kill off a mites infestation.

Can you get to a more piggy savvy vet?

Baytril is an antibiotic that won't do anything for a mites infestation.

Which country are you in?

You need to kill the adult parasites, then their eggs they’ve laid, then at least one more round to kill off any surviving eggs or mites. And their growth cycle is far quicker than monthly

Can you get to a more piggy savvy vet?

Baytril is an antibiotic that won't do anything for a mites infestation.

Which country are you in?
She’s in Kentucky US if I remember correctly

Back