• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Mites? What to do!?

They are surface mites not borrowing (don't know the actual name)

I don’t think it matters whether they’re burrowing or surface. If it’s mites they need treatment. I would suggest you try and ring up another of the vets from the list I linked to a few pages back. Try and get your piggies seen and see how they think you should proceed in terms of treatment.

I don't know we didn't go in with the vet

I don't know what to do because we can't afford another 200$ vet visit

I don't know we didn't go in with the vet

The vet should have told you everything they did, the diagnosis and given you the appropriate treatment. It is harder now we can’t go into the appointment but I have had one of my piggies at the vet during this pandemic and the vets still give you full details of everything that the owner needs to know.

Yeah I don't know what to do anymore

It's really hard though because it costs do much to just examine them...

Are there other vets that are cheaper

I know vets tend to be expensive in the US, but your piggies haven’t been given any kind of treatment for the mites so they aren’t going to get better.

Are there other vets that are cheaper

We can’t answer that, we aren’t in the US. I think we have have sent you a link detailing vets In your state. You will need to try to find one who is piggy savvy

I don't know what to do because it's too expensive is there some way where I don't have to go to the vet

I think tomorrow ring the vets and see if they can give you the revolution on prescription. If they can’t then you really will have to go to a different vet. Speak to them about whether you can pay maybe 25% of the visit etc and set up a payment plan for the rest. Or see if there’s a relative or friend that can lend it to you.

I don't know what to do because it's too expensive is there some way where I don't have to go to the vet

No there isn’t, you really do need a prescription strength treatment from a vet

There is no way. You can’t home treat. The worry with getting What worries me is that you say theyre experienced with treating guinea pigs. And yet they didn’t give you revolution or tell you exactly what you are dealing with. And instead prescribed baytril which as mentioned previously won’t help with mites.

Back