• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Mucus with string poop please help

aybikmms

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I found this poop today. Corny had gut problems (gas and loss apetite) 2 week ago and I gave him cimeticon and probiotics(vet told me to do it). He is okay now but what does poop mean? Is it serious problem?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-02-04 at 20.17.07.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-04 at 20.17.07.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 5
Please take your piggy off of any fresh veg and instead feed only hay to your piggy. This will allow your piggy’s gut to settle.
Switch from weekly weighing to daily weighing so you can monitor his hay intake (any weight loss means he isn’t eating enough) and step in with syringe feeding if he is losing weight/has loss of appetite.
Giving a probiotic is a good idea.
Please also see your vet again for further advice if being off veg does not normalise his poops.
Digestive Disorders: Diarrhea - Bloat - GI Stasis (No Gut Movement) And Not Eating
Not Eating, Weight Loss And The Importance Of Syringe Feeding Fibre

It may be his gut isn’t quite back to normal. Have you been giving him veg? I’d consider taking him off them completely until his poo is back to normal for at least 24 hours. When you reintroduce you can start with herbs (coriander) as they’re milder on the stomach.

I gave him his meds for 7 days like vet told me. And he is drink water and eat his hays and pellets.He is still eat less but his poop sizes is normal,So I give him cucumber but tiny portion. Is it okay? What should I do? It's been a few days since his medicine finished

I gave him his meds for 7 days like vet told me. And he is drink water and eat his hays and pellets.He is still eat less but his poop sizes is normal,So I give him cucumber but tiny portion. Is it okay? What should I do?

It can take them a while to get over a gut disturbance/bloat episode.
If his poops aren’t normal, then don’t give any veg at all. Just feed him hay and his normal one tablespoon of pellets to let his gut have time to settle again.

Have you been weighing him regularly? Do switch to daily weighing while a piggy is unwell as it is the only way to know they really are eating enough hay,

The guides I linked in in my first reply give further information

Thank you, I didn't see first reply. His poops is normal in general but I found this one anormal poop, I'll stop giving vegetables anyway for 24 hours. Thank you again ☺

Back