• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Mucus

Abbiestewart

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi I have a guinea pig named bubbles. Recently he's lost a lot of weight and there was crusting round his eyes and nose. I took him to the vet and they said it's a nasal infection so I've been syringe feeding him hourly over last night and he put on some weight and it seemed he was getting better. He is going to be having dental surgery on Monday but tonight he started dragging his body and has suddenly gotten week and been a bit pickier with the syringe and has a mucus/yellow/goo coming from his butt. What should I do? He's on antibiotics, painkillers,probiotic and syringed food and some bannana and hay.

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
My first reaction would be to take him to the vet as an emergency.
It might just prove to be nothing serious but it’s better to be reassured.
Let us know how things go

Abbiestewart

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you! I'm taking him rn and will let use know how it goes

Abbiestewart

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
My first reaction would be to take him to the vet as an emergency.
It might just prove to be nothing serious but it’s better to be reassured.
Let us know how things go
And to me! Let us know how it goes.
Definitely sounds like an emergency to me
Hi guys it's just to let use know that unfortunately bubbles couldn't pull through. We done everything we could but in the end he was in too much pain and had to be put down.

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear that Abbie. Sometimes weakness and lethargy are a sign that the body is shutting down and often at that point there is little that can be done. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please feel free to leave a tribute in the rainbow bridge section when you feel ready

Abbiestewart

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone for all your advice and kind words. It has been a very hard day and was extremely hard to say goodbye.