My C&C Cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Wheekster said:
i think its 4mm, it is nice, thick and sturdy anyhow ;D It was also a pain to score along and bend as its quite thick, but I'd rather have it like that than falling to pieces, lol.

We got a quiote roughly around the same price as you. £10 for the correx but £18 p&p. It says the price doesn't include VAT though so will be more. We wasn't sure if 4mm was too thick but if you recommend it then I will go ahead and order if its not too expensive.

W

Wheekster

I made two 6ft x 2ft C&C cages all on my own using the 4mm Correx. I'm am no DIY queen either, so if I can do it then I just know you will be fine, lol. With it being thicker then I'm sure it will last longer ;D Its so easy to clean, I love it!

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
sounds good. I will order it tomorrow then. I need to make it as soon as possible as the new piggies arrive on Wednesday so would be nice for them all to go in it by weekend (not crater and whiskers till crater has her babies!)

K

kellyspiggies

got a question my piggies live outside in a hutch, could i attach a c&C cage to it to make a run for them or his not suitable, they have the hutch to go in to when they want to but will have the c&c cage as a run, if i designed to be like a run

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
kellyspiggies said:
got a question my piggies live outside in a hutch, could i attach a c&C cage to it to make a run for them or his not suitable, they have the hutch to go in to when they want to but will have the c&c cage as a run, if i designed to be like a run

I have no idea? - I suppose you could as long as you make sure there is a top on it as you don't want anything such as cats jumping in. ?

K

kellyspiggies

just to add to my post just above, i would bring the run in everynight so piggies would be secure in the hutch at night and i know they are meant to be indoor cages so bad weather would maybe make it go rusty but i would have it indoors at that time so could i use a c&c cage for a run outdoors in nice weather

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
If you built it for example 2x3 1 level or something like that and you just place it on the grass I would imagine it would be fine. You might have to peg it into the ground though as if its windy it could blow away but I doubt that would happen. The thing is that its built out of cubes so it would be hard to put a top on it. You can now get runs which look like the C&C cage design which you put onto the grass but have a top on. Think it would only cost about £10 more than if your bought the cubes.

K

kellyspiggies

i think i might just get my partner to bring some wood home and try get some mesh and build one which will be attached at all times

cashmincal

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Looking good! I really do like the design and idea of the C and C cage, and I like the way you can customise them and do different designs!
Clare x

W

Wheekster

I set up the grids that I have as a run outside in good weather. Its nice and sturdy so the piggies can't get out, but as it has no roof I can't leave them unattended :)

C

cutecavy

Can't wait to see more photos! It's looking wonderful!

Wiggy & Livie

x

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
[color]Yay - Gtting th corrugat plastic for th & cag tomorrow - can't wait. It will b 5x3 cag - 1 lvl for now till I gt pai thn w will buy mor cubs to mak it hav 2 lvls as w hav orr nough corrx. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
[color]Wahoo th corrx has just arriv - I got two rally rally big pics!

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
[color]My bf is making it now. Will post pics whn It is on.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
[color]Hr is a pictur of th first lvl finish. Th girls absolutly lov it. Thy mak such a rackt now. Thy ar popcorning vrywhr!

nly th 4 girls - Sparkl Glittr osi an Ambr ar in thr at th momnt. Whn ratr has hr babis, w will mak a 2n lvl an Whiskrs ratr an ratrs fmal babis will mov in :)

Th cag looks grat bcaus uk ma it an hurt his hans loas for thos four piggis so thy bst appricat it!

[COLOR=Black][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Black]AGE1.jpg

[COLOR=Black][COLOR=Black]3.jpg

M

Michele

that looks wicked! so wish i could have those but my ccats would love the piggies for dinner!

Status
Not open for further replies.