My Foster Piggies

View attachment 71892 View attachment 71893 I am currently fostering 2 boys for ayrs guinea pig rescue. Introducing Mango and Mojito. I absolutely adore these 2 they're approximately 3 to 4 years old and so so loving.
Loving the redhead! Same colour as my hair (except mine's courtesy of L'Oréal - probably closer to your other piggy if I let it grow out lol)

Ooo I want! :love::love::love: but 5 is my limit!:soz: My OH would have a fit if I had any more piggies. Age is merely a number!

Ooo I want! :love::love::love: but 5 is my limit!:soz: My OH would have a fit if I had any more piggies. Age is merely a number!
I know age is a number but people just seem to be interested and then ask their age and when they find out that the boys are 3/4 they're suddenly no longer interested.

Aw what lovely boars. Mango looks a bit like my Jingle

debuhf.jpg

how cute they are! and i love the beautiful picture you have taken with Mango! same smile!:))
(you are really beautiful!:luv:)

View attachment 71894 View attachment 71895 They are so friendly and would be ideal pets. I'm shocked nobody's wanting to adopt them. I think it's their age putting people off.
I would love to adopt them, and I'm just outside Glasgow. Unfortunately I'm going away for a couple of weeks in November, and want to wait till after that before getting more piggies. Hopefully my three will have be getting nearer the end of their teenage months and I'll know better whether I also need a new friend for one of them as well. If they're still available then, I'll definitely get in touch. I would especially love to have long haired piggies different from my own (although that's not really the point). Is the rescue in Ayrshire that you foster for?

They are a pair and must stay together. I wouldn't recommend keeping any more than 2 boars together as it rarely works.

They are a pair and must stay together. I wouldn't recommend keeping any more than 2 boars together as it rarely works.
Hi @Julie M I know-I'm hoping my current three will make it, but I've a whole room turned over to the piggies, and I'd love another pair. If these three don't make it, I'd have 3 pairs, but plenty of space for everyone. Just have to reign myself in until after the holiday, as it wouldn't be fair to ask my neighbour to look after more for a fortnight. I don't usually go away for more than a few days, so I don't need her to do a full clean of their cage...but she does anyway. Lol
Spare grids at the ready!IMG_20170930_1501576_rewind.webp

Actually laughing about space just now - they've a 5x3 with a loft and they're currently ALL in that tiny grey hay tray in the corner lolIMG_20170930_1508397_rewind.webp

Well Mango and Mojito are no longer foster piggies. They have now joined our Family and will remain here for the rest of their days. Sorry @Reenie but I have completely fallen head over heels and it would break my heart to let them go. The centre has got lots of gorgeous piggies waiting for forever homes so if you're looking for more piggies you should definitely get in touch.

Well Mango and Mojito are no longer foster piggies. They have now joined our Family and will remain here for the rest of their days. Sorry @Reenie but I have completely fallen head over heels and it would break my heart to let them go. The centre has got lots of gorgeous piggies waiting for forever homes so if you're looking for more piggies you should definitely get in touch.
Awww, I'm gutted. I'm glad you've decided to give them a home though, they'll be very happy with you. I'll just need to keep looking lol. They are sooo lovely xx

Awww, I'm gutted. I'm glad you've decided to give them a home though, they'll be very happy with you. I'll just need to keep looking lol. They are sooo lovely xx
Honestly you should look at Ayr's rescue there are always lots of piggies to choose from. Especially boys. We don't always get the time to list them all on the website as mostly K runs the rescue singlehanded and there are over 30 piggies in at the moment.

Honestly you should look at Ayr's rescue there are always lots of piggies to choose from. Especially boys.
I will definitely go there. I keep saying I'll pop over - I saw on Facebook that they were looking for some fleece hideys, so I was going to take some over....I'm worried I'll want to adopt as soon as I see some of the piggies though. lol. Only 5 weeks to the holiday, so not too long to wait now. I only hope that they have some similar to Mango and Mojito - they are the most beautiful wee boys ever (along with my boys, of course)

Visitors are always welcome. They are closed on a Sunday and Monday(unless by appointment) And most days they close at 3pm.

Back