• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My guinea pig is sick

D

Deleted member 142191

Hello, * and my guinea pig has an eye issue that I'm worried about. It looks like her eye is bulging and discharge is coming out. It also turned red. I'm worried about her. The vet isnt open till next week. We called around and no one will take her. Does anyone have advice on how i can sooth it or help her? Please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
I’m afraid an issue with an eye is an emergency. She needs to see a vet right now, next week is too long to wait, please keep trying vets to find one who will see her today. There is nothing you can do yourself - she needs prescribed treatment

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Eyes are treated the same for all animals so try and see if you can get her seen by any vet at all. I hope you can get her an appointment soon.