• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My Guinea Pigs Airy Squeaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevenxxx

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
When my Guinea pig goes to squeek it sounds like he's struggling to get a noise out then when he does squeek it sounds quite airy. Should I be worried?

Mine does something similar, most of her wheeks sound really breathy, but she has nothing wrong and it's just the way she sounds. Your piggy might be the same :)

Can't help, all mine are quite vocal and have real depth when wheeking. As long as you can't hear any rattle in their breathing.

I've had a pig with a broken wheeker and another that wore out over time.

It can happen sometimes.

Has it always been like that @Stevenxxx , or is it something new?

I wouldn't recommend dashing to the vet over it but if you have any concerns then it's worth having a health check done at some point.

I've had a pig with a broken wheeker and another that wore out over time.

It can happen sometimes.

Has it always been like that @Stevenxxx , or is it something new?

I wouldn't recommend dashing to the vet over it but if you have any concerns then it's worth having a health check done at some point.
It's something that's happened over the past few months but I'll see how it goes ☺️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back