• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My guinea pigs back legs are not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
When she tries to walk they drag behind her! 8...8...8...
She is eating and drinking lots of water and her poos is dark! She is a bit skinny but i think she will be ok!
Please if any one has any remideies help!
I think she might have a calcium deficiency, and was thinking of maybe crushing a bit of a calcium tablet in some water and syringing it to her! Whats do yous think?

awww poor thing, hope shes ok.

Do you weigh her reg? If not, it might be an idea to keep an eye on it.

Love your pic!

It can be vitamin C deficiency (scurvy), calcium deficiency or severe bruising/injury of the spine.

In any case, I would treat with both vitamin C and calcium, and weigh her daily to control her food intake. If you have a decent vet in your area, please have her checked out. I do not how good vet care for small rodents is in South Africa.
http://www.guinealynx.info/scurvy.html

Take the male out, if her legs are playing up you dont want his constant humping to make them worse. You should keep them apart until he has been neutered

It can be vitamin C deficiency (scurvy), calcium deficiency or severe bruising/injury of the spine.

In any case, I would treat with both vitamin C and calcium, and weigh her daily to control her food intake. If you have a decent vet in your area, please have her checked out. I do not how good vet care for small rodents is in South Africa.
http://www.guinealynx.info/scurvy.html

The vets this side are the same as by you!

So basicaly the major case here is lack of vitamin c for her! So could i go the the chemist and get vitaman c tablets and quater them and give it to her till tomorrow? Good idea or bad idea?

I dont know about that but have you taken the male out? It wont do her any good if she ends up pregnant, and all the guineas out there that need a home you will just be adding to them

ok i phoned my vet who deals with my dogs and snakes and he said i must come buy the calcium powder from them! and she will be fine he has had alot of problems of this sort of thing!

ok i phoned my vet who deals with my dogs and snakes and he said i must come buy the calcium powder from them! and she will be fine he has had alot of problems of this sort of thing!

I would still take her down there, as your vet cannot make a diagnosis over the phone so he has no idea what is wrong with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back