• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrie74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I just wanted to post a picture of our new addition, Jericho (the light piggie), we adopted him yesterday and we're really hoping it works out with him and Big's, we adopted due to poor Big's loosing his cage mate and my lovely boy Sheamus almost three weeks ago. He's about two years old.

40597f04-9e36-4da1-9564-e77f8e3da224.jpg

Thank you :D He's a bit nippy though, apparently his previous owners didn't really handle him, just fed him and cleaned his cage :/ He's off for a check up tomorrow :)

He is a crested piggy. The little tufts at the back are from grooming himself by gently pulling hair through his teeth; likely from a bit of irritation in the skin. I see this occasionally on my own short-hairs. It should hopefully subside once the skin is better.

hahaha :D They are lovely :D Let me find the one's of my girls and two other boars lol. The girls are a mixture, can you tell when guinea's are related? For example Sheamus is the one in the picture on my profile but Big's is brown and we got them as a bonded pair. Apparently from the same person.

hahaha :D They are lovely :D Let me find the one's of my girls and two other boars lol. The girls are a mixture, can you tell when guinea's are related? For example Sheamus is the one in the picture on my profile but Big's is brown and we got them as a bonded pair. Apparently from the same person.

No, you can't safely tell. Guinea pigs can be different breeds in one litter.
These three girls here are litter sisters - and none looks like their mum; they were born a year ago at TEAS sanctuary and are permanent fosters.
IMG_2996_edited-1.jpg

Oh wow they do look different lol, we got the three (four with Badger) sows together and Badger was different again. Lovely girls :D

Awww bless them :drool::drool::drool:

So adorable, hope all goes well, remember to keep us updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back