• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New dark mode.

I think I like it, but it's hard to tell from a screen shot.
It would be interesting to see with an actual live page though.

I am colour blind so can struggle with web pages that are very light with minimal contrast, so something like this really appeals.

Looks like a good thing - my OH sometimes complains if I'm looking at the forum when he's trying to sleep, dark mode will help to make it less visible presumably. I wonder if it would also make it easier to see in bright sunlight - my phone screen can be difficult to see in those circumstances.

I'm a fan! My only complaint is the sans-serif font, but I'm a bit of a weirdo like that. Looks great though.

Where would the option be?
I’ve had a little look and maybe I am blind but I am struggling to find it.

The font is inherited from the default white version.

I figured, there's a couple of other visual differences between this and the one I was using (other than colours, obviously). Sans serif is at least easier to read in a dark mode than a light one. I'm unlikely to switch back, anyway.

I figured, there's a couple of other visual differences between this and the one I was using (other than colours, obviously). Sans serif is at least easier to read in a dark mode than a light one. I'm unlikely to switch back, anyway.
Yeah, there are other Child versions of the light theme, which have either Arial, Monospace and a larger font. While not ideal, as it's more stuff to maintain, the same could be replicated for this one once everyone is happy with how it looks in general.

A good idea, but too dark for me. White text on a too-dark background is almost as bad as black text on a bright white background. It does look good though! 👍🏻

It looks great on my desktop screen and it will hopefully help reduce my eye strain headaches further.
It's already made quite a difference for me on Facebook.

👍and 🤝 from me, @MattW !

Back