• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New dark mode.

I really struggle reading this light grey print which seems to be on almost everything you read nowadays, so this may well be very helpful

It made me feel dizzy, gone back to the bigger font. My eyesight is too poor these days for the normal one, even with my new stronger glasses!

Mines always been in dark mode, I changed my entire browser to be on dark mode due to headaches and sleeping issues, I forgot it was ever not a setting 😂 I've always preferred the way it looks tbh, it's less harsh on my eyes. Lovely to know its now an actual setting on the forum too!

Sorry @MattW I meant to say thank you for all you do for us. I'm not being ungrateful in saying I can't read the new dark text some of us are just oddly different!

I’ve tried to switch back to Default but i’m stuck on the TGPF - 2020.
The boarders around thread posts are gone and i’m finding it hard to be able to concentrate on what’s what, it’s also really bright.

Is there any fix for this? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3112.jpeg
    IMG_3112.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 23
I’ve tried to switch back to Default but i’m stuck on the TGPF - 2020.
The boarders around thread posts are gone and i’m finding it hard to be able to concentrate on what’s what, it’s also really bright.

Is there any fix for this? Thanks
The borders around the posts all seem to be gone now which I am really struggling with.
Maybe they are still there just very pale (but not enough contrast for me to actually see them).

@MattW can we have borders back please :D

Can we not have TGPF dark mode AND purple? I like dark mode but I also like purple. The purple tells me I'm logged in, not demo browsing to recommend the forum to my students- green means I'm a visitor not myself and can promote the forum publically without my class discovering my secret identity or being offended by the naughty corner lol.

I went into settings and turned the brightness down on my laptop screen as I lost the borders and the background seemed to have gone very bright. Borders are back!

I quite like the dark but would it be too much to ask for a dark version with bigger font? I’m seriously challenged in the eyesight dept so use the purple larger font version.
I agree, a bigger font. And purple dark mode. I am also very visually challenged :)

I would also like to say I'd like a serif font, but a bigger font would help more people. So if it's a choice between two, go bigger.

Also, I have borders to the posts but they're harder to see. Again, not bother me - slightly more important is the occasional bit of grey font somewhere that could do with being a lighter grey, @PigglePuggle's signature is a prime example.

But there's also an issue in trying to @ someone. That's like half light and half dark mode except it's the wrong half of each.

It made me feel dizzy, gone back to the bigger font. My eyesight is too poor these days for the normal one, even with my new stronger glasses!

Can you enlarge the the font by using Ctrl and + ?
It works for me even in dark mode to adjust the font to the size I need.

Phones should have a similar option too, have attached pics of the screens on my Samsung

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230509_181819_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230509_181819_Samsung Internet.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 16
  • orca-image-1027205455.jpeg
    orca-image-1027205455.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 16
Can you enlarge the the font by using Ctrl and + ?
It works for me even in dark mode to adjust the font to the size I need.
Scrolling the mouse wheel allows for an increase and decrease in font size too. Still Ctrl + scroll.

It appears that altering my text size only makes what I type bigger, not what I'm reading! Maybe I'll have to just wear my glasses 🤓. I like the look of dark mode though.

Back