• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Guinea Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunaandmaggie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So I just got a new guinea pig named Maggie. And I'm going to introduce her to my new guinea pig Luna tomorrow. Because Luna's cage me sadly passed away. Do you guys have any advice for me for introducing them. I have kept them separated for a week just in case Maggie is sick.

Super-neutral territory that has no smell of either pig at all. That was the magic it took for my sows to get along. Moved 'them out in the living room in a large pen, put the dogs outside, and instead of the other two intros there was peace instead of squealing and blood.

Super-neutral territory that has no smell of either pig at all. That was the magic it took for my sows to get along. Moved 'them out in the living room in a large pen, put the dogs outside, and instead of the other two intros there was peace instead of squealing and blood.
Ok thank you. I will do that

It is wonderful news that you have a friend for Maggie, but please take the time to do the introductions correctly.
It is easy to underestimate just how critical this stage is, but to give your girls the absolute best possible start, please follow the tips in this tread.

Introducing And Re-introducing Guinea Pigs

I am not an expert, but my absolute biggest tip would be 'time'.
Set up your neutral bonding area and set aside several hours where you can be close by with no distractions.
Make a cup of tea, get a book, and settle in for the long haul. Accept that it make take several hours for your piggies to decide if they will be friends.
And while they are bonding, you need to give the old cage a total clean out and rearrange before putting them in it together.
Good luck with everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back