New Piggy's Second Night And A Few Minutes Ago She Just Went Crazy Running And Hopping All Over Her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I got a piggy from petsmart yesterday and sure seemed aclimated to people and she really is surprisingly unafraid and curious towards me and my hubby. Tonight before bed time she went wild in her cage running and hopping all over in it. I don't know if she was afraid or what frightened her. Did not last long. She has a wonderful personality and is easy to make friends with. So I was just wondering about the wacky streak she performed for me. Afraid or not? I Couldn't tell really. She is a lone piggy and so she is in my art room with me and dogs. I did realize she seems used to dog barking and noise being from Petsmart. I can tell she will be a Jewel, I think I just found her name now...Jewel. Any tips to make her, Jewel, my best piggy friend? I do think it's off to a good start though. She tries to chew my nails and amazed that they use a litter pan,very well and precise while doing it. I am impressed with little cavities. Who knew. Thanks

Freela

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It's called popcorning... guinea pigs, especially young pigs, will do this when they are happy or excited. Even my 1-year-old pig still popcorns around at times, usually when she knows she is getting hay!

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Your little one is settling in and is happy! Popcorning and zooming is what especially young guinea pigs do when they are happy and full of energy.

Has your little girl a companion? Guinea pigs should not be kept on their own; they are group animals and need constant interaction with their own kind round the clock. You will enjoy the lively interaction between two guinea pigs even more!
Companionship

Here are lots of tips and information for new owners, so you can give your guinea pigs the best and happiest of lives and understand what they are doing. You may find it helpful in starting into guinea pig ownership the right way.
Please be aware that vet cost are the biggest expense in any pet's life and that you and your family need to set aside a bit of money each week to be able to afford vet care in an emergency without triggering serious rows that are poisonous for everybody.
" Starter Kit" Of Information Threads For New Owners

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
:clap:She sounds very happy. Zoomies and popcorning are usually signs that a piggy is very happy

Status
Not open for further replies.