• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Nightmares About Piggies :(

Do you have nightmares about your piggies/ piggies in general?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Molly Isabella

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
SORRY EVERYONE JUST MISPELT PIGGIES IN THE THREAD TITLE AND CAN’T CHANGE IT. (can tell I’m tired today Lol)

I’ve just woken up from the worst set of nightmares in a while. I always seem to have similar ones every few weeks. They’re all normally based around the same thing. (Seeing piggies abroad in different countries and not being allowed due to airport regulations to take them all back home with me) I dreamt I was on holiday in turkey and for the life of me I could not get all of these piggies home. I can’t explain how upset I was and how much I just wanted to save them and get them back with me. I also have dreams about my own fur babies taking them on a holiday with me and putting them on the plane to come home in their carriers in baggage and one of them getting lost and put on another plane and not seeing them again. This may sound like just a highly anxious dream but they’re so terrifying and really getting to me. I’ve got this constant state of worry after these dreams and it lasts for days. Anyone else suffer with this? if you don’t feel like replying then feel free to answer the quick poll :) xx

Do you know why they're based around travel? Are you anxious about airports or planes and it is manifesting as dreams of pigs having difficulty with air travel?

I have a recurring dream that my house is on fire either while I'm at work or when I'm sleeping. I've actually implemented a fire evacuation plan for if my house is ever on fire to rescue my guinea pigs because of this.

When my guinea pig died (it was a sudden, unexpected death and I was the one who found him), I started having recurring nightmares about finding my other 2 dead and loads of anxiety every time I walked into the room to check on them. My heart still skips a beat when one's sleeping too soundly under a hide. I actually made my boyfriend leave our vacation early with me and drive 6 hours back home on my birthday because I was convinced our pigs, who were totally fine and being watched by my mother, were going to die because I wasn't there for them.

Sometimes I have nightmares about random guinea pigs that are sick or they die, a few nightmares about archie getting attacked but in general I am not plagued by guinea pig nightmares.

I quite often dream of my two piggies getting out of their cage and going missing and i’m in a panic trying to find them before they get outside and i never see them again. It’s always my Coco that gets out somehow and lets Patchy out but if it were reality it would definetly be the other way round because Coco’s a wuss lol. It’s always a different dream but always the piggies escaping their cage.

Piggies often show up in my dreams (sometimes I find Bella in my pocket or handbag, wonder why :))).

Never as a nightmare though thankfully. If I were to guess the reason for yours I'd say you're concerned about situations being out of your control and you're worried about the piggies respectively. If that is the case I can highly recommend meditation before bed to calm your thoughts and hopefully lead you through a calm and peaceful sleep :)

I have a lot of nightmares about Spike. I'm always taking him somewhere and losing him or someone taking him off me. I don't know why it's always him it was Peanut that escaped from the old garden run.

I have had a dream twice of me keeping piggies in two separate herds, and each time I go to see the second herd, they are in a mess and nothing like the first herd, who are well looked after.

I think it's a fear of being out of control and unable to cope, as I am an anxiety sufferer. I treat my piggies all equal and Each one of them is a favourite for different reasons.

I sometimes have 'piggie anxiety dreams.' Once I dreamed that one of my pigs got snatched by a hawk while I was watching... I had just lost a different pig and she was having surgery, so it makes sense that I was anxious about something happening to her. Other times I just have dreams where the pigs are just there... sometimes even pigs I have lost, which always kind of makes me happy when I wake up!

Oh, once I had a dream that Sundae's nose fell off- she just came up to the bars to look at me and her nose fell over and just left a smooth pink flat area. Not really a nightmare, but definitely a weird piggie dream!

I don't I've have a nightmare about them as such, but I've certainly had unsettling ones. Sometimes I have weird, but nice ones. Last night I dreamt I took my old guinea pig, Crispin, to the supermarket. I left him somewhere half way through and I found him under a shelf. A little boy was looking at him and trying to pick him up and I told him if he did I would kick him! :no: The supermarket is a re ocurring thing in my dreams, but I must of been thinking how I once took my guinea pig Bubbles, out with me to play when I was about 10 in my pocket!

I don't I've have a nightmare about them as such, but I've certainly had unsettling ones. Sometimes I have weird, but nice ones. Last night I dreamt I took my old guinea pig, Crispin, to the supermarket. I left him somewhere half way through and I found him under a shelf. A little boy was looking at him and trying to pick him up and I told him if he did I would kick him! :no: The supermarket is a re ocurring thing in my dreams, but I must of been thinking how I once took my guinea pig Bubbles, out with me to play when I was about 10 in my pocket!

Supermarkets are a legit fear, I've been lost in them many times. Some of them when I was a little kid and couldn't find my mum... Some of them when I've had a few too many and I'm looking for marshmallows or copies of Taken on DVD. It's like Labyrinth in there except with scarier people! :))

Back