• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Nugget Comparison Chart

That's fab work, I find the pricing not all that useful though as I tend to buy mine (science selective) in 10kg bags which usually comes to £2.10-£2.30 per kilo depending on the best price I can find online at the time. The ingredients list and main ingredient is very interesting and useful

So after looking at the different foods available and finding that the information is spread all over the place I have started to compile a spreadsheet of the nuggets available here in the UK (and most in other countries). I am still gathering information but I have put the basics into a spreadsheet so that they can all be compared together.

If there is anything else you think I could add to the spread sheet, please let me know, or if you have any info about the blank spaces I'd be grateful too! Here it is so far.

pigfoods-png.56887
Which nuggets would you say are the healthiest to feed pigs that we can guy here in the UK? :)

It all depends on your budget and the piggies needs. If you are willing to pay top wack then I would definitely recommend the Bunny Guineapig Basic or the JR Farm Grainless. If not then there are many other fine quality brands at good prices. I personally feed Natures Feast as my pigs refused versele laga, oxbow and burgess.

It all depends on your budget and the piggies needs. If you are willing to pay top wack then I would definitely recommend the Bunny Guineapig Basic or the JR Farm Grainless. If not then there are many other fine quality brands at good prices. I personally feed Natures Feast as my pigs refused versele laga, oxbow and burgess.
Okay thanks! I tried mine with oxbow but they weren't fans of it at all! I'm currently feeding harringtons which they absolutely love however I was worried about the calcium content as I read somewhere that 0.8 was too high? I might look at getting Natures Feast! :) Thank you

0.8 is a pretty standard level for most of the cavy foods, you could do better but many are worse.

Are nuggets different from pellets? If so, are they necessary?

Are nuggets different from pellets? If so, are they necessary?
nuggets and pellets are interchangeable words,nuggets tend to be bigger in size than pellets,but they are all dry food for cavies,and it really is down to you and your budget,preference ,and what your cavies will eat,cavies can be very fussy!

nuggets and pellets are interchangeable words,nuggets tend to be bigger in size than pellets,but they are all dry food for cavies,and it really is down to you and your budget,preference ,and what your cavies will eat,cavies can be very fussy!
Thank you! Also, I just gave my guinea pig two carrots within 24 hours and I am freaking out, carrots are supposed to be bad if you give more than 1! DO you think he will be ok?

I'm sure it will be fine,maybe try and refine to one carrot occasionally as carrots are high in sugar.but no harm will come to your piggies .Relax !;)

Reactions: Tim
Thank you so much! That really calms me down! I will try not to make the same mistake on the future! ;)

The girls came to me on harringtons but I couldn't buy them locally so I tried Asda, burgess mint and cavy cuisine and I have whole bags of the burgess and cavy cuisine left because the girls won't eat it! Will stick with Asda pellets now! X

I've updated the chart and added a few more bits of info I've been able to get plus added another nugget brand.

@sport_billy could I have this pic put at the start of the thread please?

pigfoodnew.png

I should have the analytical contents of heygates pellets as I email them for the list a while back. I will see if I can dig it out.

Found it, Sorry for the length of the post. This can be feed to guinea pigs even though it is rabbit food as it does have the added vitamin c in it.

RABBITS CHOICE PELLETS

ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS

Crude Oil 4.00 %,Crude Protein 17.00 %,Crude Fibre 16.00 %,Crude Ash 8.00 %,Moist 13.50 %, Vitamin A 15000 IU/Kg,Vitamin D3 2000 IU/Kg,Vitamin E 60 mg/Kg,Copper 20 mg/Kg,Sodium 0.25%

ADDITIVES (per kg)

Vitamins

E672 Vitamin A 15000 iu, E671 Vitamin D 2000 iu, 3a700 Vitamin E 50 iu, Vitamin C 200 mg/kg

Trace Elements

Ferrous sulphate, monohydrate(E1 Iron) 100 mg, Calcium Iodate, anhydrous (E2 Iodine) 3 mg, Cupric sulphate pentahydrate(E4 Copper) 40 mg, Manganous sulphate monohydrate (E5 Manganese) 156.00 mg,zinc sulphate monohydrate(E6 Zinc) 139 mg, Sodium selenite(E8 Selenium) 0.44 mg

Antioxidant

E321 Butylated hydroxytoluene 20 g

A complementary compound feedingstuff for does, bucks and growing rabbits. To be fed in conjunction with forage and water to advised kg/hd/d, Contains copper - do not feed to sheep

COMPOSITION (DESCENDING ORDER OF INCLUSION)

Wheatfeed, Sunflower Seed Ext, Oatfeed, High Temperature Dried Lucerne, Maize Germ Expeller, Barley, Wheat Flour, Wheat, Molasses, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Vitamin C, Vitamins & Trace Elements

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE

Contains 0.7kg/t Ascorbyl Monophosphate calcium Sodium Salt to provide 200 mg/kg vitamin C activity

Back