• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Nugget Comparison Chart

Hi, It's not been removed. Please refer to the chart on the first post on the first page, it's the most recent.my apologies, thank you for your reply.

nuggetupdatedjan2018new-jpg.79865

I found this yesterday which says 36% fibre which is different to the Burgess Extra in the chart. Is it a new one? Anyone had any experience?

Attachments

• A2028708-176A-4641-8378-5EDDA50BC2A3.jpeg
    A2028708-176A-4641-8378-5EDDA50BC2A3.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 17
  • E7396FF7-D9E5-4FE6-8574-A6FCBABF29E3.jpeg
    E7396FF7-D9E5-4FE6-8574-A6FCBABF29E3.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 12
I found this yesterday which says 36% fibre which is different to the Burgess Extra in the chart. Is it a new one? Anyone had any experience?

Hi, we've only got the standard version on the chart at the moment. I will be adding the mint version soon.

the burgess excell,use beet pulp to creat a higher fibre contentm,the actual crude fibre is 17 % ,this comparison chart is correct.it is misleading that burgess claim it is 36%.it is a good pellet.:)

So after looking at the different foods available and finding that the information is spread all over the place I have started to compile a spreadsheet of the nuggets available here in the UK (and most in other countries). I am still gathering information but I have put the basics into a spreadsheet so that they can all be compared together.

If there is anything else you think I could add to the spread sheet, please let me know, or if you have any info about the blank spaces I'd be grateful too! Here it is so far.

I’m sorry if this question has been answered but I’m new and can’t see it anywhere.
I love this chart, but i was wondering which pellet is best?

I’m sorry if this question has been answered but I’m new and can’t see it anywhere.
I love this chart, but i was wondering which pellet is best?

It all depends on your budget, what your piggies like and whether they have any health issues that need to be taken into account.

What should I look for in a good food? The pet stores around here really only sell oxbow and the other ones they have seem low quality. I just use the oxbow but it's pretty expensive.

What should I look for in a good food? The pet stores around here really only sell oxbow and the other ones they have seem low quality. I just use the oxbow but it's pretty expensive.

Hi,
Check on google what you want to buy, there are companies offering delivery, and sometimes the food with delivery cheaper than a big pet store :)

It all depends on your budget, what your piggies like and whether they have any health issues that need to be taken into account.
Health is great and budget isn’t an issue. I’d just like to know the best pellets.

You want to be looking at something low in Calcium, high in fibre and ideally without lucerne in the ingredients as well as the main ingredient being grass/hay.

Reactions: Gia
So after looking at the different foods available and finding that the information is spread all over the place I have started to compile a spreadsheet of the nuggets available here in the UK (and most in other countries). I am still gathering information but I have put the basics into a spreadsheet so that they can all be compared together.

If there is anything else you think I could add to the spread sheet, please let me know, or if you have any info about the blank spaces I'd be grateful too! Here it is so far.

This is great, what about adding vitamins and minerals content (vit c in particular)? Also might be useful to put high levels in red and low levels in a different colour as I can see the numbers but not sure how much is right for the piggies...

So based on the above - and with experience which pellets do we feel are the best option? I am a newly so not sure and don't want to base it purely on price.

I'd probably buy via Amazon if I can, don't have a Wilko's near us (south east London).

Many thanks.

There isn't a 'best one' really, it's just based on your budget and what your piggies needs are.

Thanks so much that is good to know! I will ask what the ones we adopt have been fed on as a starting point. Think that might be best.

Just managed to create an 8 page feeding document for my fridge for when we start out, based on all the amazing info on this forum! I thought I could manage to get it all onto one page - ha! At least I will be through and have a quick list to check for the stuff to avoid etc.

I'll have boars v soon.. they're 1 and a half years old. They seem to be in good health. Not knowing anything about the science of feeding guinea pigs and being on a budget is there a better budget food anyone would care to sugges?

Thanks Fluttery! I bought a bag of Harrington's for £2.50 at Morissons today

Back