• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

One Thing You Never Expected About Guinea Pigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
When you first had pigs, what was the one thing that surprised you the most about them?

I think mine was the speed! How can something with tiny legs runs so fast? Our first piggies were very timid and nervous, Putt the Aby in my avatar was so skittish she would run around to avoid us so much - have never seen a pig move so fast

What surprised you?

Jumping! When I was researching guinea pigs, everywhere seemed to say they don't really jump, but my God can mine jump...especially my biggest, Nelson, he can make spectacular leaps out of the washing up bucket when he gets sick of his bath! The first time they jumped up onto the loft part of the cage instead of going up the ramp I nearly had a heart attack!

They were smarter and more social than I expected. After 12 years of keeping hedgehogs, I wasn't accustomed to how quickly the pigs would figure out the routine and how much they would interact with me and with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back