• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Opinions Please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Lines

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This is my guinea pigs cage at the moment, each section holds 2 boys! Is it big enough? Do I need to make it more interesting? If so how?

Plus, does anyone have any good recipes for treats or know of treats at pet shops that Guinean pigs like? I cannot find any that they like! :/

Apoligies for the amount of questions :)

I personally think it is too small. What are the overall measurements of one enclosure?

Oh my - 80 x 80 is really quite small for 2 guinea pigs, and males in particular usually need more space than females.
A super guide to cage sizes is here.
It helped me a lot when I was first working out how much space my lot needed.
Cage Size Guide

But I also wanted to add that I think the idea of using a small pet shop cage kept open, with an attached run is a great idea.
If you made the runs bigger it would be a really good set up.

my two boys are in 154x78 and they are small boys.Minimum is 140 long by 60ish wide.The more space the better to be honest.It decreases the chance of them fighting.

I would just use different hays, redigrass or fruit and veg as treats, much healthier.

If that is the only space you have available you could do a two tiered 160X80.Would be a great space for them.

Would the cages be able to sit on top of a c & c grid? So the cage is the upper floor? They don't seem to fight anymore, I used to have a three and they were constantly fighting so I got Rolo and put them in pairs. Touch wood, this has worked so far! I have made the pen another c&c grid bigger but that's as big as it can be without becoming a pain :/

You could just use the transit thrashed as litter trays in the two tier cage.You may get ideas from the c&c cage thread.A few people have two tier c&c.The floor space would be really good for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back