• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Outfits

Shadow22

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was at a pet store and saw an entire display of outfits for guinea pigs, and was wondering if it was safe? I liked the Santa hats and wanted to dress up my own piggies, but wasn't sure. The outfits dont look like they would come off easily, and I was wondering what if it got stuck? Or caught on something? I also don't want my piggies eating something they shouldn't?

I was at a pet store and saw an entire display of outfits for guinea pigs, and was wondering if it was safe? I liked the Santa hats and wanted to dress up my own piggies, but wasn't sure. The outfits dont look like they would come off easily, and I was wondering what if it got stuck? Or caught on something? I also don't want my piggies eating something they shouldn't?

In a nutshell, no. Never dress up a piggy - maybe a small hat that just sits on the head, but never any more than that, and never anything that needs tied or "fixed" on.

Well done for doing your research. Clothes are so dangerous for piggies because the have delicate spines that are easily damaged. No harm in popping a hat on their head for a quick photo but it should only rest there as said above

:agr: I use a lot of props in my sets when I'm photographing the piggies but I don't us anything that has to go over their body, be tied on or put any kind of weight onto them. I also make sure that whatever I am using (hats,tiny sunglasses etc) is only used on my pigs that I know are happy with the handling and posing and don't get stressed with it. That's why I don't do many shoots with the skinnies, especially Ronnie as the whole routine is too much for her.

Reactions: Tim
Back