• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Outside flooring

egglayer1

New Born Pup
hi i am in process of building my shed ,hutch and outside run for my soon to get guinea pigs .i have attached some photos of it so you can see what i mean .the run floor is slabs so i want to know what people think is best for covering it ,i have been told that horse bedding is good ,the run is completly covered with corigated clear sheets,the first sheet has board under the sheet so they have shade aswell , so it is all waterproof they have a catflap to get in and out which will be shut at night.they will have the bottom of the shed to run round in aswell .
thank you

Attachments

Pearl and Zip

Junior Guinea Pig
As long as he bedding isn’t cedar or pine shavings. Carefresh worked well for me, but I use fleece now. You would need a lot of Carefresh or fleece for your shed though!

Piggies&buns

Junior Guinea Pig
My piggies are bedded on fleece in their indoor run (in the shed) and on vetbed and hay in their hutch (also in the shed). They also have fleece cosies. They have had a little chew when I first put it in but they quickly decided it wasn’t edible and don’t chew it anymore.

PiggyPoo

Junior Guinea Pig
How about a piece of Lino for the slabs then cover it with anything of your choice? Puppy pads and a fleece for example!

Mine haven’t chewed anything fleece which was also something I worried about xx

hi i have lino down in the bottom of the hutch and on the shed floor,i watched a video and a girl had put somsort of horse bedding down in her run and shed wondered if anyone else used it

Lady Kelly

Staff member
hi i have lino down in the bottom of the hutch and on the shed floor,i watched a video and a girl had put somsort of horse bedding down in her run and shed wondered if anyone else used it
Was it aubiose? It's a hemp based bedding. That's what I use and I know a few members on here use it too