• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Outside flooring

egglayer1

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hi i am in process of building my shed ,hutch and outside run for my soon to get guinea pigs .i have attached some photos of it so you can see what i mean .the run floor is slabs so i want to know what people think is best for covering it ,i have been told that horse bedding is good ,the run is completly covered with corigated clear sheets,the first sheet has board under the sheet so they have shade aswell , so it is all waterproof they have a catflap to get in and out which will be shut at night.they will have the bottom of the shed to run round in aswell .
thank you

Attachments

• 20180811_111322[1].jpg
    20180811_111322[1].jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180811_111250[1].jpg
    20180811_111250[1].jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180811_111247[1].jpg
    20180811_111247[1].jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 15
As long as he bedding isn’t cedar or pine shavings. Carefresh worked well for me, but I use fleece now. You would need a lot of Carefresh or fleece for your shed though!

As long as he bedding isn’t cedar or pine shavings. Carefresh worked well for me, but I use fleece now. You would need a lot of Carefresh or fleece for your shed though!
thank you,i have seen other people put fleece in and small cat beds would they not chew and eat it ?

My piggies are bedded on fleece in their indoor run (in the shed) and on vetbed and hay in their hutch (also in the shed). They also have fleece cosies. They have had a little chew when I first put it in but they quickly decided it wasn’t edible and don’t chew it anymore.

How about a piece of Lino for the slabs then cover it with anything of your choice? Puppy pads and a fleece for example!

Mine haven’t chewed anything fleece which was also something I worried about xx

hi i have lino down in the bottom of the hutch and on the shed floor,i watched a video and a girl had put somsort of horse bedding down in her run and shed wondered if anyone else used it

hi i have lino down in the bottom of the hutch and on the shed floor,i watched a video and a girl had put somsort of horse bedding down in her run and shed wondered if anyone else used it

Was it aubiose? It's a hemp based bedding. That's what I use and I know a few members on here use it too

I’m about to try some finacard (shredded cardboard.). It’s coming up cheaper than aubiose from my local farm shop.

I highly recommend aubiose. Loved it but unfortunately couldn’t use it long term. There’s also snowflake softchip or wood shavings.

Back