• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Patrick has a lump and a bladder stone and an abscess šŸ˜”

Going well. He’s putting up more of a fight with all the medication. But I’m putting that down to him feeling better. He put on 20g last night!

I haven’t started the potassium citrate yet. It’s come into the chemist today. So I’ll pick that up later. I think 4 meds twice a day is enough for now. Once we can drop some of them I’ll add in the potassium citrate.

I’m offering three syringe feeds a day. But stop as soon as he’s had enough. So far I’m managing on my own with no help from hubby.

IMG_6525.webp


Pinky ā€œhelping to use it upā€. I thought I would pull him out through the bars šŸ˜‚

IMG_6524.webp
 
So relieved to see Patrick is doing well. I have been thinking of you while I was in Wales.
My daughters laptop is so temperamental I didn't like to use it again. She hasn't replaced it as she uses her phone. I wouldn't dare touch her phone!
 
So relieved to see Patrick is doing well. I have been thinking of you while I was in Wales.
My daughters laptop is so temperamental I didn't like to use it again. She hasn't replaced it as she uses her phone. I wouldn't dare touch her phone!
Aw thanks. Hope you had a lovely time in wales. ā¤ļø
 
Going well. He’s putting up more of a fight with all the medication. But I’m putting that down to him feeling better. He put on 20g last night!

I haven’t started the potassium citrate yet. It’s come into the chemist today. So I’ll pick that up later. I think 4 meds twice a day is enough for now. Once we can drop some of them I’ll add in the potassium citrate.

I’m offering three syringe feeds a day. But stop as soon as he’s had enough. So far I’m managing on my own with no help from hubby.

View attachment 288863


Pinky ā€œhelping to use it upā€. I thought I would pull him out through the bars šŸ˜‚

View attachment 288864
Top picture: What a sweet mouthie.
Bottom picture: Pinky? More like Greenie, the messy boy.

Really glad to hear medication and syringe-feeding are going well.
 
When Polo was on Baytril we spilled so much of it the fur on his neck turned yellow šŸ™ It must have smelled of Baytril too, poor Polo ā™„ļøšŸ¾ He got very good at turning his head to the side just as I pushed on the plunger šŸ’¦šŸ˜
 
Sorry I've only just caught up with this thread, you do seem to have been through the wars rather! :(
I'm so glad Patrick's getting on ok &seems to be bouncing back with your TLC & everyones determination ā¤ļø
Pippa sends her love to you both too 🐹 all fingers &paws crossed 🐾 šŸ¤žšŸ» here for a speedy recovery, come on gawjuss Patrick .you're doing amazingly well, just remember to look after yourself too. :hug: x
 
Sorry I've only just caught up with this thread, you do seem to have been through the wars rather! :(
I'm so glad Patrick's getting on ok &seems to be bouncing back with your TLC & everyones determination ā¤ļø
Pippa sends her love to you both too 🐹 all fingers &paws crossed 🐾 šŸ¤žšŸ» here for a speedy recovery, come on gawjuss Patrick .you're doing amazingly well, just remember to look after yourself too. :hug: x
Thank you. 🤩
 
Hope you've all had another settled night
Patrick has been amazing. I’m thinking of lowering his paracetamol.

I started the potassium citrate today. I will ask when I see the vet on Monday if healthy pigs (Pinky) can have it too as a preventative measure for bladder stones. I’ll let you all know what she says.

She will probably say no because of potential side effects. But it’s worth asking.
 
Patrick has been amazing. I’m thinking of lowering his paracetamol.

I started the potassium citrate today. I will ask when I see the vet on Monday if healthy pigs (Pinky) can have it too as a preventative measure for bladder stones. I’ll let you all know what she says.

She will probably say no because of potential side effects. But it’s worth asking.
Thank you, very interesting šŸ™ā¤ļø
 
I’m seeing the vet Monday evening and will discuss it with her then. Thank you. 🤩

When do you go?
We go to Berlin first and Vienna on 1st October.
I should be able to use hotel WiFi to check if your vet hasn’t made a decision on Monday.
Hope the vet visit goes well
 
Hope Patrick has had a good wheekend, and Pinky’s helping look after him.
He’s doing very well thank you. He’s got a vet appointment tomorrow at 6 so hopefully he’s all good and we can stop some meds.

I haven’t been feeling for the abscess under his chin. I’ll let her deal with that tomorrow. Hopefully the antibiotics he’s been on will have sorted it. If not I’ll ask for Zithromax.
 
So we’ve had the 10 day check up (at day 12).

Back cyst is looking good and not filling up yet.
Weight and appetite are good (but cisapride has now run out so I’ll keep my eye on it)
Teeth are straight.
Neck abscess is a little bit smaller.
Surgery scar has a little infection starting. So 10 more days of antibiotics and also iodine to bathe it with.
Another vet appointment in 7 days.

So pretty happy with all that

@Merab and @Viennese Furbabies i didn’t mention the Rodicare Uro as I didn’t see the exotic vet. I wasn’t happy about being moved to another vet.

I will talk to her about it at his next appointment.

He’s on potassium citrate for now. I also didn’t ask about Pinky going on it as a precaution.
 
So we’ve had the 10 day check up (at day 12).

Back cyst is looking good and not filling up yet.
Weight and appetite are good (but cisapride has now run out so I’ll keep my eye on it)
Teeth are straight.
Neck abscess is a little bit smaller.
Surgery scar has a little infection starting. So 10 more days of antibiotics and also iodine to bathe it with.
Another vet appointment in 7 days.

So pretty happy with all that

@Merab and @Viennese Furbabies i didn’t mention the Rodicare Uro as I didn’t see the exotic vet. I wasn’t happy about being moved to another vet.

I will talk to her about it at his next appointment.

He’s on potassium citrate for now. I also didn’t ask about Pinky going on it as a precaution.
OK.
I will be in Vienna from st October for the weekend.
If I don’t have the WiFi to get messages @Viennese Furbabies will and between us we can get Rodicare and get it to you.
 
Back
Top