It was an ultrasound scan. They had to shave his tummy for it. Like they use on pregnant women.Was it an X-ray? Or a different scan?
It was an ultrasound scan. They had to shave his tummy for it. Like they use on pregnant women.Was it an X-ray? Or a different scan?
I'm seconding this!Glad to see Patrick doing well this morning.
Look after yourself too.
After all you’ve been through you are probably a bit run down and susceptible to and lurking bugs.
All I need is for them to be happy and healthy. That’s the only reward I need.May you be rewarded for your good deeds of nursing Pinky and Patrick
It makes sense as piggies' other food is all dry, unless they eat grass alot, hay and pellets need fluid added to digest them. Of course hay is critical because of their high need for fibre. I tried bigger bottles, rabbit bottles, which my piggies enjoyed as more water comes out, but the bottles dripped so much they soaked the bedding and were at risk of becoming empty. I must try again as I think they encourage piggies to drink freely.Only just seen your update on Patrick. So happy that he is doing well after his op.
Debbie at TEAS gives the sanctuary piggies a very wet diet (lots and lots of lettuce and cucumber and very little other veg) and hasn't had a bladder stone in years. We now do the same for our piggies. It certainly can't do any harm to try it for Patrick.xx
Thanks YvonneOnly just seen your update on Patrick. So happy that he is doing well after his op.
Debbie at TEAS gives the sanctuary piggies a very wet diet (lots and lots of lettuce and cucumber and very little other veg) and hasn't had a bladder stone in years. We now do the same for our piggies. It certainly can't do any harm to try it for Patrick.xx
I give my piggies as much cucumber and lettuce as they want. They don't over eat and it doesn't make their poops soft, but other pigs might be different. I buy lettuce and a cucumber about every second dayDo you have to increase lettuce and cucumber amounts slowly? And to what amount can they safely have?![]()
